American actress, Aimee Garcia, is best known for portraying the role of Veronica in the sitcom George Lopez. Her acting career started at the age of seven with the stage show titled ‘Cinderella’. By the age of 12, she was well trained in dancing and so she started performing with the stage name ‘Clara’. She is a SAG Award nominee known for her role in the series Lucifer. She has also done many movies that bring her fame.
Aimee Garcia’s Overview
- Birth Name: Aimee Sandimés Garcia López de Ordóñez
- Age: 43
- Date of Birth: 28 November 1978.
- Place of Birth: Illinois, Chicago
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actor and Writer
- Net Worth: $4 Million
- Father: Hector Garcia
- Mother: Eloisa Garcia
- Siblings: Not Known
- Spouse: Not Known
- Children: Not Known
- Height: 1.63 m
- Weight: 50 kg
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
Read also: Sheree Zampino, Ex-Wife of Will Smith
Early Life, Education and Family (Parents and Siblings)
- Aimee Garcia was born in Illinois, Chicago to Eloisa who was from Pachuca, Mexico and Hector who was from San Juan, Puerto Rico, he was in the US armed forces.
- Garcia made her acting debut at a very young age from TV commercials and acted in theaters while she was just seven years old.
- She attended Fenwick High School and also took acting classes at the same time from Piven Theater Workshop.
- After graduating from school, she enrolled at Northwestern University where she actively took part in plays and musicals.
- From the university, she majored in Economics, French and Journalism.
- After graduating from university, she took a year long break from acting and did financing for a mutual fund analyst in New York.
- Later in 2002, she moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue her acting career again.
- The actress and writer tends to keep her personal life private.
- However, as per the speculations she has been dating Antony Cook, former professional footballer.
- When asked about her relationship she stated that she is too busy to maintain or have a relationship.
- Aimee Garcia portrayed the role of Maria in ‘Greetings From Tucson’.
- In 2002, she was featured in the Disney original movie titled ‘Cadet Kelly’.
- In 2006, she was featured in the sitcom Goerge Lopez, in which she played his niece Veronica.
- Major Movie Star released in 2008, featured Garcia alongside Jessicaa Simpson.
- In 2007, she did D-War and also narrated Adam Sandler’s movie Spanglish which was initially released in 2004.
- From 2009 to 2010, she acted in the medical drama titled ‘Trauma’ and played the role of helicopter pilot Merisa Benez.
- In the 2014 released movie ‘RoboCop’, she portrayed Dr. Jae Kim.
- In 2016, she was featured in the second season of the TV series Lucifer and played the role of forensic scientist Illa Lopez.
- In 2019, Garcia acted in the movie El Chicano and was praised for her acting in the movie.
- In 2019, she partnered with AJ Mendez, professional wrestler, to co-author the comic GLOW vs The BabyFace.
- The duo wrote another book together titled ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ which was published in November 2020.
|2002||The Good Girl|
|2003||Boys Life 4: Four Play|
|2005||A Lot Like Love
Private Valentine: Blonde and Dangerous
Go For It
|2018||What They Had
The Addams Family
|2021||Dear Evaan Hansen|
|2022||Blade of the 47 Ronin|
|2002-2003||Greetings from Tucson|
|2003-2004||All About the Andersons|
|2007||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
|2011||Off the Map
|2014||About A Boy|
|2021||Holiday in Santa Fe|
|2021-present||DreamWorks Dragons: The Nine Realms|
- GLOW vs The BabyFace with AJ Mendez.
- Dungeons and Dragons: At the Spine of the World with AJ Mendez.
Awards and Nominations
|2007||ALMA Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2007||Imagen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2012||Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series||Nominated|
|2013||ALMA Awards||Special achievement in TV||Won|
The primary source of her income is acting. Aimee Garcia’s long acting career makes her net worth stand at approximately $4 Million. It includes assets, money and income.
The actress is an active user of Twitter and Instagram. Her social media handles are:
Aimee Garcia’s Famous Statements (Quotes)
- I felt completely at home in Mexico – speaking Spanish to my cousins, running around Acapulco and stuffing my face with mole and homemade tortillas. Mexico opened my heart.
- I always promised myself if I ever got the chance to do a ‘Flashdance’-type of movie, I would do my own dancing. I can say with pride that every single dance move in ‘Go For It!’ is my own dance move.
- Latinos are the fastest growing minority, and we’re obviously not going anywhere. We’re extremely loyal as a people, and I think Hollywood is starting to recognize that. It’s very rare for a major studio to nationally distribute a film with Latino talent, not only in front of the camera, but also behind the camera.
- I have been a fan of Dexter since the pilot. Once I got the audition I just squealed, and you would have thought I just won 45 million dollars.
Aimee Garcia- FAQs
How old is Aimee Garcia?
She is currently 43.
Who is she dating?
It was speculated that the actress has been dating Anthony Cook, however, nothing can be stated since her private life is a low key affair.
How tall is Aimee Garcia?
She is 1.63 m tall.
When was Aimee Garcia born?
She was born on 28 November 1978.
What ethnicity is Aimee Garcia?
Garcia is a native of Chicago and a descendant of Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Can Aimee Garcia speak Spanish?
She can speak Spanish very well since it was her first language. Once, in an interview she said that whenever she get a call from her mother she talks in Spanish.
Is Aimee Garcia single?
There is no information regarding her past relationships and these days she is not dating anyone.
Who is Aimee Garcia related to?
She is an American actress born in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She is very popular for her roles in different movies.
Was Aimee Garcia in Supernatural?
Yes, she played a role in one of the episode of third season of Supernatural. Her character was Secretary Nancy Fitzgerald.