Alyssa Bustamante today is a 15-year-old teenager from St. Martins. She is known to murder her 9-year-old neighbour named Elizabeth Olten. Her troubled childhood and ignored mental issues led her to commit a gruesome murder. The only motive for the murder was to experience the feeling of killing someone! She was arrested under the charge of first-degree murder. The court later sentenced her to life imprisonment. Her days are spent in imprisonment as of now. She is a Criminal and slit her throat and stabbed her several times. The typically looking girl actually enjoyed cutting herself, later she tried the same on Elizabeth just for the thrill.
Alyssa Bustamante’s Overview
|Birth Name||Alyssa Dailen Bustamante|
|Date of Birth||28 January 1994|
|Place of Birth||Cole, Missouri|
|Date of Death||October 21, 2009|
|Place of Death||Chowchilla, California, US|
|Occupation||High school student (at the time of the murder)|
|Status||Incarcerated at Chillicothe Correctional Center|
|Net Worth||$10 Thousand|
|Education||Jefferson City High School|
|Partner(s)||Julian Edward Ramis (ex-Boyfriend)|
Alyssa Bustamante in Front of Judge
Alyssa Bustamante Age and Height
|Height||5 feet 0 inches|
Early Life, Education, and Family
- Born in 1994, Alyssa Bustamante’s grandparents raised her.
- Both her parents were in their teens when she was born, Michelle Bustamante wife of Ceaser Bustamante.
- Several police complaints were registered in her mother’s name for theft and drug possession while her father was in prison at her birth.
- In her childhood, Alyssa used to write poems and also attended the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints regularly.
- In 2007, she tried to attempt suicide and was thus sent to the psychiatric hospital in St. Martins, where she was on anti-depressants. However, she tried cutting her waist several times.
- Alyssa’s social media profiles listed her hobbies as cutting and killing people.
- She was seen touching an electric fence in a video and forcing her brothers to do the same.
Murder of Elizabeth Olten
- Elizabeth Olten was a 9-year-old neighbour and used to come to Bustamante’s house to play with her and her brothers.
- In October 2009, Alyssa forced her sister to bring Elizabeth to a forest nearby.
- Then she went to the spot and strangled her and slit her throat, stabbing her several times just for her thrill.
After killing her, she wrote:
I just f—ing killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat, and stabbed them now they’re dead. I don’t know how to feel atm. It was amazing. As soon as you get over the “oh my god, I can’t do this” feeling, it’s pretty enjoyable. I’m kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now lol.
The arrest of Alyssa
- Elizabeth’s mother reported to the police that her daughter did not return home.
- After the murder, Alyssa attended the church dance while police tried to find Olten.
- On the next day, FBI Agents questioned Alyssa, and they also took possession of her diary.
- Officials found a hole behind her house, to which she replied that she liked digging holes.
- FBI found another hole that was covered with leaves.
- When the officials dug the hole, they found Elizabeth’s body.
- She was charged with first-degree murder and was arrested.
Alyssa Bustamante Today
- After confessing the murder, first attended the trial on November 17, 2009. She was given the charges of first-degree murder and using armed while murder. She was later given life imprisonment, conditional release, and a sentence of thirty years. Several psychologists visit her in jail to understand her mental condition. They all concluded that she had an m borderline personality disorder and clinical depression.
Trial and Imprisonment
- For the murder she had committed, the court considered her an adult.
- She was convicted of first-degree murder and armed criminal action.
- After a few weeks, she was given life imprisonment with a possibility of conditional release and a sentence of 30 years.
- Alyssa appealed against the sentence, but it was denied.
Netflix Movie and Documentary based on her life
- ‘Deadly Women’ was a documentary based on Alyssa Bustamante Wife life.
- In 2012, a movie named ‘My Name is ‘A’ by Anonymous’ was released.
- In 2012, Netflix released a documentary about Bustamante’s case called “Killer Kids.” The film interviews people involved in the case, including Elizabeth Olten’s family members and friends, Alyssa Bustamante’s mother and father, law enforcement officials, and mental health professionals.
- The documentary provides a detailed look at what may have motivated Alyssa to kill Elizabeth Olten. It also raises important questions about how such a tragedy could have been prevented.
|Net Worth||Around $10 thousand|
|Income Source||Killer, Murder|
Becoming a murderer at 15, she is a victim of clinical depression. She murdered her 9-year-old neighbour to experience the feeling of murder. Her grandparents took legal custody of her and her sister. Her troubled childhood led her to commit a heinous crime at a young age.
Alyssa Bustamante- FAQ’s
How did Alyssa Bustamante get caught?
She was caught after Elizabeth’s mother reported her missing daughter, and the police started an investigation.
Alyssa Bustamante, where is she now?
After the murder in October 2009, she appeared in court a month later. She was sentenced to life imprisonment for thirty consecutive years. Besides, the court also sentenced her to a conditional release. Her probable release is dated in the year 2054!
Who helped Alyssa Bustamante?
On the day of the murder, she convinced her younger sibling Emma Bustamante to bring her. The plan was that they would hang out in the forest near their homes. She slit her throat and stabbed her multiple times in the chest. Later, Alyssa put Elizabeth in the grave.
Who is Alyssa Bustamante?
Alyssa Bustamante was a fifteen-year-old teenager from St. Martins. She is known to murder her 9 year old neighbor. Her troubled childhood and ignored mental issues led her to commit a gruesome murder. The crime made her famous overnight and became the reason for terror.
How long has Alyssa Bustamante been in jail?
Alyssa Bustamante, after confessing the murder, first attended the trial on November 17, 2009. She was given the charges of first-degree murder and using armed while murder. She was later given life imprisonment, conditional release, and a sentence of thirty years.
When was Alyssa Bustamante born?
Alyssa Bustamante was born on January 28, 1994. Both her parents were drug addicts and teenagers when she was born. Years later, after she was born, her grandparents, Karen and Gary Brooke took legal custody of their grandchildren after their parents.
Why did Alyssa Bustamante kill her neighbor?
She killed her neighbor to experience the feeling of murdering people. As her hobby, she always used to state that she had a particular interest in cutting and killing people. After her imprisonment, she was diagnosed with clinical depression and borderline personality disorder.
Is Alyssa Bustamante out of jail?
She is still serving her tenure of imprisonment. In 2012, she pleaded to decrease the charges of second-degree murder. Later, the court declared that her release was based on conditions of imprisonment of thirty years. Her appeal was rejected in March 2014.
How tall is Alyssa Bustamante?
The teenage murderer is 5 feet tall with a weight of 60 kg.
Who was Alyssa Bustamante’s boyfriend?
There is not much information available on her boyfriend. Officially, as of now, she is still single.
When was Alyssa Bustamante arrested?
When Elizabeth did not return home from her friend’s place, four houses down from her own, her parents panicked. At around 7:00 p.m., they called the police. The police tracked the phone of the 9 year old but with no clue. Her body was discovered when Alyssa confessed much later.
How old was Alyssa Bustamante when she committed a murder?
Alyssa Bustamante was a fifteen-year-old teenager from St. Martins. She is known to murder her nine-year-old neighbor. Her troubled childhood and ignored mental issues led her to commit a gruesome murder.
Where was Alyssa Bustamante born?
She was born on January 24, 1994, in Cole, Missouri. Her parents were teenagers and drug addicts after she was born.