Billie Eilish is an American singer and songwriter. Billie gained popularity with her musical debut with the single “Ocean Eyes,” released by Darkroom in 2015. It was produced and written by Finneas, her brother with whom she frequently collaborated for music and shows.
Eilish was also featured on Times 100 Next List in 2019 and on Times 100 List in 2021. She became the youngest artist to win Grammy awards in four categories in a year. In total, she won seven Grammy Awards along with many others.
“I don’t see myself as a pop artist. Like, when you hear ‘pop,’ you’re like, ‘Oh, bubblegum, jumpy little girly stuff,’ and I feel like, ‘Uh-uh. That’s not me.”
This is the statement Billie Eilish used to describe her personality.
Billie Eilish’s Overview
- Name: Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
- Date of Birth: December 18, 2001
- Age: 20 years
- Father: Patrick O’Connell
- Mother: Maggie Baird
- Siblings: Finneas O’Connell
- Occupation: Singer and songwriter
- Years active: 2015-present
- Nationality: American
- Height: 61m
- Weight: 61kgs
- Net Worth: $53 million.
Early life, Education and Parents
- Billie Eilish, an IVF baby, was born on December 8, 2001, in California, the U.S.
- Her mother, Maggie Baird, is a teacher and actress, and her father Patrick O’Connell is an actor and a musician as well. She is an Irish and Scottish descent.
- She was brought up in the Highland Park of Los Angeles where she was home-schooled by her mother.
- Eilish was also taught songwriting, and she was inspired by her mom Maggie to get into the music industry. When she was 6, she started playing Ukelele.
- Eilish started performing on talent shows at the age of eight and also joined the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus.
- She wrote “Real” her first song at 11. She has even worked on several films, including Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the X-Men series and Ramona and Beezus.
2015-17: Don’t smile at me
- In 2015 when Eilish was 13, she started working with Finneas and his band.
- Eilish’s first song, ‘Ocean Eyes,’ was released on November 18, 2015. The song received several million listens in just two weeks.
- In January 2016, Finneas and his manager arranged a deal in which Apple Music signed Eilish to A&R company Platoon, specializing in packaging emerging artists, before getting a major-label contract.
- Her second single with Finneas, ‘Six Feet Under,’ was released on June 23, 2016, through Sound Cloud.
- Further, in 2017, Eilish released an E.P. with four remixes by Astronomyy, Blackbear, Goldhouse, and Cautious Clay for “Ocean Eyes”.
- Then she went on to release another E.P. for “Six Feet Under” featuring remixes by Blu J, Gazzo, Jerry Folk, and Aire Atlantica. Later, Eilish made big releases like Bored in March 2017, Watch in June 2017 and ‘Copy Cat’ in July 2017.
- On August 11, 2017, Eilish released Don’t Smile at Me, her debut E.P. It was a super hit, reaching number 14 on the U.S. Billboard 200.
2018-20: Beginning of great success
- Eilish embarked on her concert tour ‘Where was My Mind’ Tour, in February 2018, and it concluded in April 2018.
- In July of the same year, Eilish performed at Mo Pop Festival.
- 2019 was an excellent year for Eilish as the album ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’ debuted atop the Billboard 200. as well as on the U.K. Albums Chart, making Eilish the first artist born in the 2000s to have a number-one album in the United States, and the youngest female ever to have a number-one album in the United Kingdom.
- Eilish was announced as a performer of the title track for the 25th instalment in the James Bond film franchise, No Time to Die on January 14, 2020.
- In 2020, she became the youngest person to feature on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list, with earnings of $53 million.
Read also: Bella Poarch- A Tik-Toker Turned Singer
2021-Present: Happier Than Ever
- Eilish took home two awards at the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards, the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media for her Bond theme and the Grammy Award for Record of the Year for her 2019 single “Everything I Wanted .”
- Eilish announced the release of her second album, Happier Than Ever, on July 30 via Instagram.
- Eilish announced an eco-friendly limited-edition vinyl version of ‘Happier Than Ever’ made from recycled vinyl scraps on December 2, 2021.
- Until 2019 Eilish lived with her parents in Highland Park in the neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Eilish said that even today, she spends many nights in her childhood bedroom to be close to her parents.
- Eilish had experienced depression and even planned her suicide which she claimed that her friend, late American rapper/singer XXXTentacion, stopped her from.
- Eilish was raised as a vegetarian and is a regular advocate of animal rights and veganism on social media.
Billie Eilish’s love life has been quite a secretive affair as she has never spoken openly about it. Here is a list of all her speculated boyfriends.
- As of now, it is believed that she is dating actor and writer Matthew Tyler Vorce.
- Many people previously speculated about whether Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber were romantically involved, due to their super close friendship.
- As per her documentary, she broke up with her rapper beau, who is also known by the name 7: AMP, after less than a year together.
- Eilish has grown up listening to Arctic Monkeys, Linkin Park, Beatles, Justin Bieber, Green Day and Lana Del Rey.
- She once said that “Runaway” by Aurora on YouTube inspired her to pursue a career in music.
- She has also named Rihanna an inspiration for her style choices after calling fashion her “defense mechanism.”
Products and endorsements
- Billie Eilish released a clothing line in collaboration with Takashi Murakami inspired by her music video “You Should See Me in a Crown” in April 2019. She also collaborated with Adobe Creative Cloud the same month for advertisements.
- In May 2019, Eilish appeared in Calvin Klein’s #MyCalvins ad campaign. Eilish partnered with Apple in August 2019. Billie is well on becoming one of the wealthiest celebrities skulking around Hollywood thanks to her Grammy-winning songs, a wild contract with Apple, a collaboration with Gucci, and a perfume almost always sold out.
- In November 2021, Eilish launched a perfume brand named “Eilish,” touted as vegan and cruelty-free. Eilish performed at the 2020 Democratic National Convention and announced her endorsement of Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.
Billie Eilish has released two studio albums, one live album, one video album, four extended plays (E.P.s), 31 singles, and 25 music videos.
Some of her famous works include:
- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
- Happier Than Ever
- Up Next Session: Billie Eilish
- Six Feet Under
- Ocean Eyes
- Bad guy
- No Time To Die
- My Future
- Lost Cause
- Male Fantasy
- Your Power
And many more.
Awards and accolades
- Billie Eilish has received several awards and nominations, including seven Grammy Awards, three Billboard Music Awards, three Brit Awards, five MTV Video Music Awards, two Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, a Golden Globe award and a People’s Choice Award, among others.
- In 2019, Eilish received two Guinness World Records, “Youngest female at No.1 on U.K. albums chart” and “Most simultaneous U.S. Hot 100 entries by a female”.
- In 2019, she won a PETA “Best Voice for Animals” award for her online activism.
- Eilish won Best Original Song at the 94th Academy Awards on March 27, 2022, after also winning Best Song Written for Visual Media at the Grammy Awards on March 14, 2021, and Best Original Song at the Golden Globe Awards on January 9, 2022, both for “No Time” to Die.”
Social Media Presence
- Billie Eilish is on all major social media platforms.
- All her social media handles have millions of followers.
- Eilish has a 101million Instagram followers and her insta handle is @billieeilish.
- She has 6.6 million followers on Twitter.
Facts about Billie Eilish
- Billie Eilish is the youngest person to win all four top awards at the Grammys in one year.
- Billie’s debut documentary, Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry, was made available on Apple TV+ in February 2021. The movie chronicles Billie’s rise to fame as she worked on her successful record When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
- Billie Eilish released her documentary in 2021.
- Billie has participated in Vanity Fair’s interview series for the past four years, and she cites Fruitvale Station, starring Michael B. Jordan, as her favorite movie.
- She has been writing music since she was 11.
- Billie once suffered from Tourette syndrome.
- Justin Bieber was Billie’s first love since she was 12 years old.
- The Office is her favorite show of all time.
- She is the first artist born in the 2000s to have a number one album.
- The singer is famous for her distinctive green hair, among other hues that she has worn throughout the years, but in some of her old images, you can see that her hair is genuinely blonde.
- When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, her debut album, according to CNN, made her the first performer born in the 2000s to score a number-one album in the country. She is also the youngest female performer to ever have an album debut at number one in the UK.
- She once mentioned being a part of the Los Angeles Children’s Choir in an interview. She claimed that her time in the choir helped her hone her vocal abilities. “I was able to learn how to sing properly and preserve my voice thanks to the choir. But I’ve just always and continuously sang. My family had to stifle my singing since I was so loud.” She claimed that writing music came to her effortlessly after singing.
Eilish Billie On December 18, 2001, pirate Baird O’Connell was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the child of musician and performer Patrick O’Connell, who also works on Eilish’s tours and actress and teacher Maggie Baird. Eilish is of Irish and Scottish descent.
Billie Eilish- FAQ
Who is Billie Eilish’s ex?
Rapper Brandon Adams, who goes by 7:AMP, is Billie Eilish’s ex-boyfriend.
What is Billie Eilish Favourite color?
Her favorite color is Black.
What is Billie Eilish’s net worth?
According to several reports, her net worth is $53 Million.
What clothing brands does Billie Eilish wear?
Eilish wears designer brands such as Gucci, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and MCM.
Why does Billie Eilish not smile?
When asked about his, Billie said, “Girls are wrongly taught that they look more beautiful when they smile. Everyone’s taught to smile. Look happy, look like you’re having fun!’ I’m not gonna look like anybody except what I am. I want to impress myself.” So, whenever you catch Billie smiling, it’s because she genuinely wants to.
Did Billie Eilish get married?
Eilish is currently single.
Does Billie Eilish have a tattoo?
Billie Eilish has unveiled two tattoos: fairies on her left hand and a dragon on her right thigh.
Is Billie Eilish want to be a mother?
A mother is something Billie Eilish has always wanted to do. The singer of Happier Than Ever, who turns 21 later this year, recently gave an interview to The Sunday Times and admitted that she would “rather die” than not have children.
What is Billie Eilish full name?
Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’ Connell’ is the actual name of Billie Eilish.
Is Billie Eilish single?
She keeps her romantic interactions a secret. Actor Matthew Tyler Vorce was her previous boyfriend. But they dispersed. Vorce acknowledged that he and the “Happier” Than Ever” singer” declared their relationship to be over.
What is Billie Eilish’s favorite color?
Her favorite color is Yellow.
Who is Billie Eilish’s daughter?
Billie is the daughter of Billie Eilish. For her daughter Billie, she edited the “Six Fee” Under the” music “video in 2016.
What is Billie Eilish’s favorite food?
Spicy food, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, tofu, and burritos are some of Billie favorite.
What is Billie Eilish’s favorite number?
Billie didn’t like 666 because it is frequently referred to as the devil’s devils. Some people have even associated it with bad luck. She merely stated that she adores the number.
How old is Billie Eilish really?
She is 20 years old.
What was Billie Eilish’s first hit?
Eilish posted “Ocean Eyes” to SoundCloud in November 2015, when she was 13 years old. It was an instant smash and helped her land deals with Darkroom and Interscope Records the following year.