Brandon Lee was an American actor, Fight Choreographer, and martial artist. He was a 28-year-old actor who has a Net Worth of around $7 million. The actor was shot dead by gunshot during “The Crow” movie set by the actor Michael Massee. The 6 feet 0 inches tall Brandon was the son of the martial artist and film star, Bruce Lee. He scored his breakthrough part in the role of Eric Draven in the dark fantasy film The Crow (1994).
|Full Name||Brandon Bruce Lee|
|Date of Birth||1 February 1965|
|Birth of Place||Oakland, California, United States|
|Profession||Actor, Martial Artist, and Fight Choreographer|
|Years Active||1985 – 1993|
|Ethnicity||Han Chinese, German, English, and Swedish Descent|
|Cousins||Clarence Lee Ka Ho, Oscar Lee|
|Partner||Eliza Hutton (1990–1993; his death)|
|Parents||Bruce Lee and Linda Lee Cadwell|
|Date of Death||31 March 1993|
|Death Place||Wilmington, North Carolina, United States|
|Net worth||$7 million|
Brandon Lee Age, and Height
|Height||6 feet 0 inches|
|Weight||174 lbs (79kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe size||9 (US)|
- Brandon Lee was born on February 1, 1965, in East Oakland, California in the United States. He was 28 years old at the time of his death.
- At the time of his reign, Brandon Lee had a Height of 182 cm (6 feet 0 inches) tall and weighed 79 kg (174 pounds). The martial artist had shimmering blue eyes and dark brown hair.
- He was born on 1 February 1965 in Oakland. He was the son of martial arts expert and film actor Bruce Lee and teacher Linda Emery.
- Brandon Lee lost his father at the age of 8 years. Lee and his entire family relocated to Seattle after the passing of Bruce Lee.
- At a very young time, Lee began to learn martial art from his dad who at the time was a prominent martial arts film star. While on set with his productions, Brandon discovered a passion to perform. The family resided in Hong Kong from 1971 to 1973, and then his mother returned to his home in the United States following the death of his father. He was the perfect example of the kind of film that he created, as well as the sport he played.
- Brandon Lee received his high school education at the ‘Chadwick School and Bishop Montgomery High School situated in Los Angeles. He earned his General Educational Development diploma when he was 18 years old.
- He was a student at ‘Emerson College‘ situated in Boston, Massachusetts, and took the theatre major.
- Then, 5 years later, he moved his focus to New York where he took acting classes at the famed Lee Strasberg Theater as well as the Film Institute.
Also, Read: Kylie Jenner Net Worth (2023), Age, House, Car, Real Estate
- The year 1985 saw Brandon Lee return to Los Angeles and began his career at ‘Ruddy Morgan Productions as a script reader. His first screen appearance was uncredited in the action film “Crime Killer,” which debuted in the year 1985.
- Brandon Lee was called for an audition for his debut big movie part by the casting director Lyn Stalmaster. After he had completed the auditions, Brandon Lee was part of the film ‘Kung-Fu The Film. He was offered the part of his father’s main character. The film was based on the popular TV show “Kung Fu” from the 1970s.
- Brandon Lee landed his first leading part for his debut role in the Hong Kong thriller movie ‘Legacy of Rage‘ in the year 1986. His performance in the film was well-received.
- He appeared in 1987 as a was a part-time actor in the TV pilot project “Kung Fu: The Next Generation‘, which was not picked to air as the basis for a series.
- The year 1988 was the first time Brandon Lee made a brief appearance on the American TV show “Ohara. In the year before, he began filming his first English film project titled “Laser Mission. The film was filmed in South Africa and later released on the European market in 1990.
- The year was 1991. Brandon Lee starred in an action film titled “Showdown in Little Tokyo‘ alongside Dolph Lundgren. In the same year was when he signed a multi-picture agreement with the ’20th Century Fox the studio for the film.
- In 1992, the time he appeared in the action-thriller “Rapid fire,” which was produced by the company ‘20th Century Fox. In the same year, he got the lead role in the adaptation film of a comic book that was published underground The Crow. It was his final film, and film premiered in 1994, posthumously.
Brandon Lee Wife Eliza Hutton
- Eliza Hutton was a casting director. Her most well-known accomplishment is being the fiancée of former American fighter and actor Brandon Lee.
- The couple was planning to marry on the 17th of April 1993 in Ensenada, Mexico. The wedding didn’t turn out to fruition. Brandon Lee got involved in an accident on the 31st of March 1993.
- Lee was injured on set in the film The Crow. He was shot by a prop gun which accidentally shot the edge of a dummy bullet. The bullet struck his abdomen and became lodged in his spine and rendering the victim unconscious. The film, released in May 1994 featured a dedication to Eliza and Brandon.
- Eliza flew in between California to North Carolina to be by his bedside. Unfortunately, he was declared dead the next day. After the death of Brandon, Hutton maintained a low image, which put her career in limbo, and then she moved to New York in 1994.
- 10 years after Brandon’s demise, she married and had an infant daughter. But, she was later divorced. Unfortunately, her family was not on the news. So, there’s little information on Eliza Hutton’s husband or daughter.
Also, Read: Sandra Bullock Net Worth, Age, Height, Son, Husband, Kids
Brandon Lee the Crow
- The Crow is a 1994 American superhero film, directed by Alex Proyas, and written by David J. Schow and John Shirley.
- The film features Brandon Lee in his final film performance for the character Eric Draven, the musician who has been murdered and is returned to life to pay revenge for his murder and the death of his fiancée.
- The film is inspired by James O’Barr’s comic with the same title. The production of The Crow was hit by tragedy when Lee was killed during filming.
- Since Lee had finished the majority of his scenes before his death The film was then completed by rewriting scripts and a stunt double as well as digital effects. The Crow is dedicated to Lee and his wife, Eliza Hutton.
- After Lee’s passing, Paramount Pictures opted to not distribute The Crow, The rights to the film were bought from Miramax and they were in charge of The Crow’s completion.
- The Crow received favorable reviews from critics who were awed by its aesthetics, tone, Dariusz Wolski’s cinematography, production design as well as Lee’s performances. The film also earned around $94 million with a budget of $23 million and has been able to gain a large popular following.
Brandon Lee the Hills
- Alongside the OGs, fans of The Hills will be exposed to new faces, such as Brandon Thomas Lee, the son of 2 Hollywood heavyweights The Hills: New Beginnings will be a welcome event for many.
- The Hills: New Beginnings will provide a formal introduction to the 23-year-old who has largely stayed out of the spotlight throughout his adulthood.
- This is his first appearance on reality TV and deciding to do so following the trauma he’s endured was not an easy task however, Lee is now at the point of stepping into his fame.
Actor Shot Brandon Lee
- The actor Alec Baldwin is facing criminal charges of manslaughter involuntary during the shooting death of Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in 2021.
- This incident is reminiscent of another tragic incident on set which was the accidental shooting by actor Brandon Lee during the filming of The Crow nearly three decades earlier.
Brandon Lee Cause of Death
- Lee who was the father of the martial actor Bruce Lee, died after his co-star actor Michael Massee, fired at Lee using a prop gun during filming on March 30th, 1993 located in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- While the revolver was loaded using blanks contained in the cartridge that was blank ignited, which caused Massee to not realize that he was firing a bullet part at Lee and he later Died During Surgery.
- Although Massee was not facing the possibility of criminal prosecution, her mother had successfully sued the filmmakers for an undisclosed sum.
- A decade later an incident similar to this occurred in which Baldwin shot a real shot from a Colt .45-caliber firearm at Hutchins while filming on Rust.
- Baldwin claims that he never intended to shoot toward Hutchins, and sued those responsible who handled and supplied the firearm used in the film. They agreed to settle the wrongful death suit that was filed by Hutchins’s spouse, Matthew Hutchins.
- Baldwin insists the intention was not to shoot at Hutchins and was suing those responsible for the handling and supplying of the prop gun. He agreed upon an unjustified death.
Brandon lee Death Scene
- On the 31st of March, 1993 Lee began filming scenes for his film The Crow in which his character is killed and shot by a gang.
- In the film shoot that preceded the scene that ended in death the gun used as the model (an actual revolver) was loaded with incorrectly created dummy ammunition, improvised from live cartridges which had the powder charges taken away by the special effects team, so when close-ups were taken, the revolver would display normal-looking ammunition.
- However, the crew failed to take out all the primers of the ammunition and before the event ended in death, it was discovered that one of the cartridges was fired.
- The scene of the murder required the revolver to fire at Lee at an approximate range between 3.6-4.5 meters (12-15 feet)
- The firearm was never examined and cleared before firing the bullet and the dummy round that was stuck in the barrel was later propelled forward by the propellant in the blank and fired out of the muzzle with the same force the bullet was live hitting Lee in the abdomen.
- Lee was transported to his hospital at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, North Carolina. The attempts to save him proved unsuccessful, and after 6 minutes after urgent surgery, Lee was pronounced dead on March 31, 1993, at 1:03 at night. He was just 28 years old.
- The shooting was determined to be accidental due to negligence. Brandon Lee Death led to the reemergence of conspiracy theories about the father’s equally early death.
- The cause of death was not known. Lee was buried alongside his father at Lake View Cemetery in Seattle, Washington.
Awards & Achievements
|6th Hong Kong Film Awards||Best New Performer||Legacy of Rage (1986)|
|1995 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Actor||The Crow (1994)|
|The 2021 Asian Hall of Fame induction||Actor & Cultural Icon Award in memoriam||N/A|
Brandon Lee Net Worth
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
- The son of Bruce Lee had a bright future in front of him in the world of film. Brandon Lee Net Worth is $7 million when he passed away.
- He’s made his wealth from his work in modeling and acting. His leading role as a lead actor in “The Hills: New Beginnings” brought him to a larger public.
- Brandon also began earning money when he was a teenager by being a model. Brandon was signed to the brand and was awarded the position as his face for Dolce & Gabbana. Brandon was also featured on the covers of GQ Germany and D’Scene Magazine.
- Since his tragic death in 1993, he had no social media accounts of his own other than accounts created by his fans.
Also, Read: Khloe Kardashian Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Boyfriends Latest
- Brandon Lee was born on February 1st, 1965, to Bruce Lee (Martial Arts idol) and Linda Lee Cadwell. In the 1970s, they relocated from the United States to Hong Kong, where Brandon was born and raised until Age 8 learning to speak Cantonese.
- Brandon passed away (while shooting) at the age of 28 of what’s to be the case in the story, a brain hemorrhage occurred during filming in The Crow (1994).
Brandon Lee – FAQ’s
How did Brandon Lee die?
The 28-year-old was killed in the EUE Screen Gems Studios in Wilmington, Norton Carolina while filming on the set for “The Crow”. Lee had been in the middle of shooting a sequence in which Eric Driven, the character he plays is shot by gangsters who have been forced to watch the killing of his fiancée Shelly Webster.
Who shot Brandon lee?
Lee who was the child of Bruce Lee, a martial actor Bruce Lee, died after his co-star actor Michael Massee, shot at Lee using a shotgun prop while filming on the 30th of March 1993 in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Who killed Brandon lee?
On the 31st of March 1993, Lee began filming for the movie The Crow in which his character is killed at the hands of thugs. In this scene, the character comes into his home and finds his girlfriend being assaulted and raped, while a character who is played by the actor Michael Massee fires a Smith and Wesson Model 629 .44 Magnum revolver at Lee’s character when they enter the room.
How old is Brandon lee?
The actor Brandon Lee died at age 28 when he was shooting The Crow in 1993. Lee was the son and martial actor Bruce Lee, who died after his co-star actor Michael Massee, fired at Lee with a gun prop in the course of a shooting on the 30th of March, 1993 at Wilmington, North Carolina.
Who is Brandon lee?
Brandon Bruce Lee was an American actor and martial artist from the United States. With his rise to prominence as an actor in the 1990s, Lee landed his first big part in the role of Eric Draven in the dark fantasy film The Crow
What happened to Brandon lee?
Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, died in March 1993, aged 28 when he was injured accidentally by an armature gun on the set of the film “The Crow.” Lee’s fiancée Eliza Hutton broke her silence regarding Lee’s death in the very first instance Monday after Hutchins the death of her husband, calling the two incidents as being an “avoidable tragedy.”