Christopher Gilbert Perez aka Chris Pérez is an American guitarist and is the former husband of our Tejano Queen Selena Quintanilla, his Net Worth is $6 million. They had 2 kids together. He also has another identity like that of the lead guitarist in Selena y Los Dinos. He spent his childhood in San Antonio. His exceptional guitar skills made him one of the most respected personalities among Tejano musicians. Abraham Quintanilla, the brother of Selena and Suzette Quintanilla, was mesmerized by his guitar skills of Chris. His eternal love for Selena is described in the book To Selena, With Love. After Selena’s demise, years later he married Vanessa Villanueva.
|Birth Name||Chris Pérez|
|Date of Birth||14 August,1969|
|Birth City||San Antonio, Texas, US|
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Father’s Name||Gilbert Pérez|
|Mother’s Name||Carmen Medina|
|Spouse||Ex wife Selena Quintanilla, Vanessa Villanueva|
|Children||Cassie Pérez, Noah Pérez|
Chris Pérez Age And Height
|Height||6 Feet 8 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Early Life, Childhood, and Education
- The father of Chris Perez, Gilbert Perez, was a computer programmer. He was born in San Antonio on August 14, 1969.
- Chris’s ancestry goes back to Mexican-American origin. In 1974, when he was just four years old, his parents, Gilbert and Cameran, divorced. His mother’s second wedding dates back to 1978.
- In middle school, he learned to play French Horn. His mother supported him in joining the concert band of his school.
- In those days, there were many negative stories associated with the world of pop music artists. So, when he started learning electric guitar, his mother opposed it.
- At seventeen, he escaped from his house to Los Angeles, California, to start a rock band. Perez used to work in a library and stayed with his father.
- Later, his cousin pushed him to join Shelly’s band. The only reason for joining the band was their high pay. He left the group shortly to form his music band with the other two guitarist friends.
Also, Read: AB Quintanilla Net Worth, Wife, Kids, Age, Height, Tattoos
Chris Perez Wife and Kids
|First Wife||Selena Quintanilla|
|Second Wife||Vanessa Villanueva|
|No. of Children||2|
- Within a couple of years after joining the band Selena Quintanilla, they began dating each other. Abraham Quintanilla, her father forced them to end the relationship as he feared that this news would hamper the image of her daughter. However, they ignore it and continued enjoying the relationship.
- He was fired! At the beginning of the ’90s, he was arrested for driving under the influence.
- He and Selena got married in 1992. On March 31, 1995, Selena was murdered! After Selena Quintanilla Death, Chris Perez completely falls apart and became the victim of drug abuse and alcohol.
- Though to date he could not forget his first wife and love, he remarried in 2001.
- He married Vanessa Villanueva and together they had 2 kids, Cassie and Noah. The couple parted ways in 2008. After their divorce, not much is known about Chris Perez’s wife and kids.
- In the initial years of his career, Chris used to play at a local cafe with Shelley’s band. When the lead guitarist of the Selena band left, they discovered this budding talent.
- Overnight, he became the lead guitarist of the Selena Y Los Dinos. He and his brother-in-law wrote many songs and ad jingles for Selena.
- In 1995, when his wife was brutally shot, he was devastated. Thus, his career witnessed a downfall. Recovering from the trauma, he made a comeback with his own (Rock-en-Espanol) band, the band of Chris Perez. The band also featured:
- John Garza: Vocalist
- Rudy Martinez: Lead Bassist of La Mafia
- Joe Ojeda: Keyboardist of Los Dinos
- Jesse Esquivel- Drummer
New Wife Chris Perez Funeral Selena
- Selena quintanilla and Chris perez were madly in love with each other. In spite of all the odds, they have successfully tied the knot in 1992.
- Till the death of Selena, they were together but did not have any kids. In his book, To Selena with Love, he confessed that he could not get over Selena’s death!
- He met his second wife, Vanessa Villanueva in 1998. They met through a friend and dated for a couple of years.
- After marrying in 2001, the duo had a divorce in 2008. The major reason for the split was Chris’ addiction to alcohol and drugs.
Major Works and Awards
- In 1999, the band released their debut bi-lingual album, Resurrection.
- During the making of this album, Perez showcased his excellent songwriting skill! He co-wrote all nine songs with Ojeda, like in his old days. The album was a hit and got many positive reviews from critics.
- The album brought the Grammy award for best album. The band disbanded after the release of their second album in 2002.
Also, Read: Johnny Lopez Age, Net Worth, Birthday, Boyfriend, Biography
Chris Perez Book
- Chris wrote a book in memory of his late and former wife. In this book, he shared about his journey from the day of Selena’s murder till then.
- He also reminisced about all their private moments and wrote them down in the book. In the book, he even mentioned their jointly owned property. he has always regretted the fact that he could not protect Selena!
Concerts and Tours
- He is one of the lead guitarists of all time. Woohoo! You will get to witness the person in real life! Vivid seats manage all the events of Chris Perez.
- They have arranged back-to-back concerts in the year 2022-2023. Get ready to book your seats now. On October 1, 2022, he was present at the Music Festival in Dallas.
- In his career journey to date, Chris only had a controversial love story with Selena. The controversy popped after Selena’s father came to know about the relationship.
- He began threatening a couple of disbanding the music band. After their marriage, his father-in-law forgave him and accepted their relationship.
- He proposed to Selena Quintanilla at a Pizza Hut while on a band mission.
- He is the father to many pets, like five dogs, a python, and a mouse. Unfortunately, the python gobbled the mouse!
- To date, he has not fully recovered from the pain of Selena’s untimely death. In an interview, he stated that he remarried to escape the pain. However, his initiative was in vain.
- He was a victim of drug abuse. In 1992, he and his cousin were arrested for driving under the influence.
- Perez is keen on spicy food. In November 2019, he, along with his business partner John Gomez started the venture Perez Pepper Sauce. The brand is famous for its green ‘Jalapeno’ and ‘original’ flavor.
- After his parents’ divorce, he used to stay with his mother. Chris’s mother supported him in joining the music band in school.
- He was precisely opposite to Selena. Chris is an introvert.
- There was a lawsuit for the disapproval of Chris Perez book. To Selena with Love in 2013. Selena’s father, Abraham Quintanilla, filed a lawsuit against him and the other two famous companies in 2016.
Chris Perez Net Worth
- The vocalist and guitarist Chris Perez net worth of $6 million. The primary source of his earnings is his professional music career. In addition, he also has an income from brand endorsements.
|Net Worth||$ 2 million|
Chris Perez had a photo with Guitar
Also, Read: Tyga Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Wiki, Family, Career, Rapper
Chris Perez is a Tejano guitarist. He was married to the famous Tejano music queen Selena Quintanilla. As his wife was murdered, he had an emotional breakdown. Chris made a comeback with a bang! The debut comeback album won a Grammy. He even appeared in the Netflix series, Selena.
Chris Perez – FAQ’s
Is Chris Perez still married to Selena?
Chris Perez and Selena Quintanilla were married to each other till 1995. After the brutal death of Selena, Chris remained single till 2001. In 2001, he remarried Vanessa Villanueva. They had two kids together whom they co-parent. The couple divorced seven years after their marriage. He still cherishes his memories with Selena.
Did Chris Perez ever remarry?
Chris Perez remarried after a long gap. His second wife also has a keen interest in music. They married in 2011, and the couple had two kids, Cassie and Noah. The second marriage of Chris Perez was short-lasting. Seven years after the wedding, the couple parted ways. However, they are still co-parenting their kids.
How long did Chris Perez wait to remarry?
Chris Perez took a long gap after the death of Selena Quintanilla in 1995. He remained single and only focused on his profession. Much later, in the year 2001, he decided to remarry. His second marriage also did not last long. But, unlike the first one, he is a father to two kids from this marriage.
Did Selena and Chris love each other?
Selena and Chris started their relationship a couple of years after he joined the Los Dinos. In their relationship, they faced loads of challenges and obstacles from Selena’s side. His image further deteriorated after the drug case. After some time, he rejoined the band. Selena forgave him, and they married. They were together till the last breath of Selena.
Why did Selena hide her relationship with Chris?
On the trip to a musical concert, Chris got attracted to Selena. They tried to ignore their feelings but confessed to each other at a Pizza Hut joint. They decided to hide their relationship for fear of Selena’s father, as the father might disapprove of their relationship. However, Selena could not hide her feelings and soon announced them.
Did Selena’s father sue Chris Pérez?
Selena’s father has a disliking towards Chris since the beginning of his relationship with her. When she was murdered, he broke down completely. Even after his second marriage, he could not get over the memories of Selena fully. He released a book in memory of Selena against her father, filed a lawsuit, and sued Chris.
How old was Selena when she got married to Chris Perez?
Selena got married to Chris Perez at 20. After a patriarchal blow from Selena’s side, they took the decision of eloping. Within a while, the news of their marriage was all over the media. Even after marriage, their love for each other remains the same.
Where does Chris Perez live?
He was born in San Antonio, Texas. Perez always has had a fascination for playing the guitar. He even attempted to escape to Los Angeles, California to play guitar.
How much money is Chris Perez worth?
The estimated net worth of Chris Perez is $6 million. He is associated as the brand ambassador of many brands. Besides, his other source of income is his music.
Where was Chris Perez when Selena was killed?
When Yolanda Saldivar brutally shot Selena, Chris was not present at the scene. After hearing about Selena’s murder, he became totally inconsolable. He lost his sleep and did not eat for days. To subside his guilt of not protecting Selena, he turned into an alcohol and drug addict.
Who is Chris Perez’s son?
Chris Perez tied the knot for the second time with Vanessa Villanueva. They met through one of their common friends. Though the couple split in 2008. They had a daughter and a son together. The name of the son is Noah Perez. Noah has always received unconditional love from his dad.
Who is Chris Perez?
He is an American guitarist. He is a reputed name for his guitar skills and as the husband of Selena Quintanilla. He has always had a fascination for music since his childhood. Perez also works as a songwriter. In 2012, he wrote the book in memory of his late wife.
Who was Chris Perez’s girlfriend before Selena?
After joining the band Selena y Los Dinos, Chris was attracted to Selena. Once he said in an interview that Selena was the sheer combination of beauty and intelligence. He fell in love with her for the first time. Even after her death, Perez still cherishes her memory.
Does Chris Perez have any kids?
He has two kids from their 2 marriages with Vanessa Villanueva. He had a son named Noah and a daughter named Cassie. Though he is a divorcee, he has been on healthy terms with his kids.
What did Chris Perez say about the Selena series?
After watching the Netflix biography series on Selena, Chris was impressed. He took on to the media to express his respect for the band. He also stated that he was an admirer of Selena’s music even before he became a member of the band.
Where is Chris Perez now?
Chris’ passion for music seems to be infinite! He is still a guitarist. In 1999, he bagged a Grammy for the album “Resurrection”. It was his dream to own a hot pepper sauce brand for a long time. He finally launched his own sauce venture naming it Perez pepper sauce.
How tall is Chris Perez?
The 53-year-old stands at 5ft. 8 inches.
How old is Chris Perez?
Chris was born on August 14, 1969. He is 53 years old as of now.
Who did Chris Perez marry after Selena?
After Selena, Chris married Vanessa Villanueva in 2001. Later in 2008, the duo announced their divorce. Vanessa is also associated with the American entertainment industry.
Who is Chris Pérez’s ex wife?
As of now, Chris had two marriages. His marriage with Selena lasted only for three years due to her death in 1995. He again tied the knot in 2001 with Vanessa Villanueva. The second marriage also ended in 2008.