Chris Watts birth name is Christopher Lee Watts, his house is located in Spring Lake, North Carolina, USA, and he was the prime accused of his wife’s and children’s murder. He confessed to the gruesome murder of his wives and children with the detectives on August 15. Later, he confessed to murdering his own kids and was charged with several first-degree murders. The reason for this murder is linked to his extra-marital with Nichol Kessinger! Chris is now serving five years life sentence without any parole. He was initially working with a petroleum company but faced financial difficulties and filed for bankruptcy.
Chris Watts Overview
|Birth Name||Christopher Lee Watts|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1985|
|Place of Birth||Spring Lake, North Carolina, USA|
|Occupation||Chemical Engineer (oil field operator)|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
|Famous For||Accused for killing his wife, Shannan and two daughters, Celeste and Bella.|
|Children||Bella Watts, Celeste Watts|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Hobbies||Playing Musical Instruments|
Also, Read:- Ariel Castro Kidnappings, Death, Wiki, House, Daughter, Netflix Movies
Early Life, Education, and Family (Parents and Siblings)
- Born on May 16, 1985, Chris Watts was raised in Oklahoma town of the US.
- The name of his parents and siblings is not known.
- Chris studied at one of the local high schools in the town, however, the name of the college he attended is not known to date.
- Chris Watts met Shanann Rzucek in 2010, both of them were from North Carolina. Chris was particularly from Spring Lake while Shanann was from Aberdeen.
- The couple started dating each other and got married in November 2012 in Mecklenburg County.
- The couple became parents to their first daughter in 2013.
- Their second daughter was born in 2015.
- They were to become parents to their first son and a third child named Nico when he killed his wife and children.
Chris Watts House
- The Colorado house where he is used to stay with his wife and kids had a value of $ 600K while selling. Location Real Estate, a company in Colorado, later sold off the house four years after the incident. The house sprawled over 4177 square feet when it was just constructed.
- The couple got the mansion at a nominal price of $ 400,000. It features three garages, four bathrooms and 5 bedrooms. Since Chris’ arrest, the house has been vacant. Besides, he also became a mortgage defaulter. According to the US Sun, the residence was once listed on the “restricted address listing” list.
Also, Read:- William Syvin and leslie, Biographical, Age, Life style
Chris Watts Girlfriend And Mistress
- In an interview with the police, Nichol Kessinger described the textual conversation. Nichol was Chris Watts mistress. The surfaced video shows how the convict texted his girlfriend after murdering the family. In addition, the authentic clipping also consisted of spine-chilling lies about Chris. He was in complete denial of the murder while texting his girlfriend. Nichol has reportedly changed her identity with a new name after Watts’s arrest.
- She even applied the change of name to Jefferson County, Colorado. Per her statement, leading an everyday life after the incident wasn’t easy. The purpose of the new identity is to begin a new chapter. Watts, in prison, talked to his pen-friend about his mistress sending him mail under the new name.
- Christopher Lee Watts lived with his family in a lavish mansion in Frederick, Colorado which he purchased in 2013.
- However, he was declared bankrupt in 2015.
The disappearance of his wife
- Shanann was returning from a business trip with colleagues and friends on August 13, 2018, and was driven home while her husband and daughters were already there.
- On the same day, Shanann and the two daughters were reported missing by her colleague Nickole Atkinson after he found that Shanann missed her appointment and didn’t reply to her messages.
- Nickole went to her home after she missed a business meeting and rang the doorbell several times but remained unanswered.
- He reported to the Frederick Police Department after he saw Christopher at work.
- The police conducted a welfare check in the house after getting permission from Chris, however, they only found Shanann’s purse with their mobile phone and car keys and the wedding ring on the bedside table.
- On the next day, the FBI and CBI investigated the missing trio.
- Chris told them that he had not seen them since the early morning the previous day and also pleaded for their return outside his house.
The Arrest of Chris Watts
- On August 15, 2018, Christopher was arrested after he failed the polygraph test and afterward confessed to murdering them.
- As per the affidavit, he was having an extramarital affair and he wanted a separation from his wife.
- Christopher claimed Shanann strangled the daughters in response to his separation request and then he strangled her in rage.
- He then transported the bodies to the oil storage.
- Christopher was fired from that oil company on August 15 after he was arrested.
- The investigation department found the three bodies on the Anadarko Petroleum Site.
- Shanann’s body was buried in a shallow grave while the bodies of the girls were found in the crude oil tank.
- On August 21, Chris Watts was charged with three first-degree murder charges and an additional charge for murdering a child who is under 12.
- He was also charged with the unlawful termination of the pregnancy and three charges for tampering with the deceased human body.
- In his first appearance in the court, he was denied bail.
- In another hearing, his bail was set at an amount of $5 Million and he was required to pay at least 15% of it to be released.
Plea and Sentencing
- On November 6, Christopher was found guilty of the murders.
- At the request of Shanann’s family, he was not given the death penalty.
- Then on November 19, he was given five life sentences without the possibility of parole.
- He also got the additional 48 years and 36 years sentence for unlawful pregnancy termination and tampering with the deceased body respectively.
- In December 2018, he was shifted to some out-of-state location due to related security concerns.
Read also: Leslie Van Houten, Murderer from The Manson Family
His estimated net worth is around $6 Million.
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Source of Income||YouTube Star|
|House||Living In Own House.|
Visual Adaptation of the Incident
- In December 2019, Oxygen released a documentary episode on this incident on the TV show Criminal Confessions.
- In January 2020, Lifetime released the movie Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer as a part of the series Ripped from the Headlines. In the movie, he was portrayed by Sean Kleier.
- On September 30, 2020, American Murder: The Family Next Door was released by Netflix.
Also, Read:- Charles Manson Death, Net Worth, Children, Height, Age, Movie
- Chris Watts committed the heinous crime of murdering his two toddler daughters and pregnant wife! He got involved in an affair with his co-worker Nichol Kessinger.
- This 2-3 affair was the prime cause behind the murder. Ronnie and Cindy were also shocked to know about their son’s activities. He is now serving 5 years imprisonment with no possibility of parole.
Chris Watts- FAQ’s
Why did Chris Watts kill his family?
On August 13, 2018, Chris Watts killed his entire family because of his affair with Nichol Kessinger. After the investigation of the murder and Chris’ confession, the link came to light. The involvement of the third person in the marriage was the reason for the familicide.
How did Chris kill his family?
He only strangled his wife Shanann to death and buried her body in a shallow grave at the Anadarko Petroleum Site.
How long was Chris Watts in jail?
Two days after the killings, Chris Watts was arrested under several charges. On August 15, he could not qualify for the polygraph test. Eventually, he confessed to the murder. He was sentenced to five years imprisonment with three counts of murder and tampering evidence.
How old is Chris Watt?
The present age of Chris is 37 years. He was born on May 16, 1985. He is a native of Spring Lake, North Carolina, USA
Is Chris Watts famous?
The name of Chris Watts became one of the most discussed because of his activities. He killed his wife Shanann, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and her two daughters: Bella (4 years) and Celeste (3 years). He made a tearful plea in front of the media for his family’s return and was found guilty of the murder.
Did Chris Watts’ girlfriend go to jail?
After the killing of Chris Watts’ family, it was uncovered that he had an affair with one of his co-workers, Nichol Kessinger. Since then, Nichol has been under the constant radar of the police. The Colorado Bureau of investigation called her for the investigation related to the murder. However, she was found to be not involved in the killings.
What year was Chris Watts born?
Chris Watts was born on May 16, 1985. He was born to Ronnie and Cindy Watts
Where are Chris Watts’ parents now?
The sixty-year-old parents of Chris are still alive. They spoke to the media several times regarding their son’s horrific deeds. They have also shared their opinion about the terrible incident. In a 2018 interview, they spoke about the guilty plea of Chris regarding murdering of his two daughters and wife.
Was Chris Watts a veteran?
Watts did not have any previous records of murder or other crimes against him. The crime he committed of murdering his daughters and wife was his first ever criminal deed. Had there been no involvement of the third person in their marriage, their relations would have also experienced love and harmony.
Did Chris Watts’ parents go to the funeral?
No, Chris’ parents did not attend the funeral of their granddaughters and daughter-in-law. However, as per Cindy, they did attend the memorial service. They appeared to have visited a different church, not the one where Shanann’s family attended the memorial service.
Was Chris Watts’ girlfriend pregnant?
Nichol Kessinger was not pregnant. But she knew about the pregnancy of Chris’ wife, Shanann Watts. She was pregnant for fifteen weeks during her murder. Moreover, the last text that his boyfriend sent to his girlfriend.
How much is the Chris Watts house selling for?
The Colorado house where Chris Watts used to stay with his wife and kids was sold off at a value of $ 600K recently. Location Real Estate, a company in Colorado, later sold off the house four years after the incident. The house sprawled over 4177 square feet when it was just constructed.