Eric Dane is an American actor. After appearing on television throughout the 1990s and 2000s he was well-known for his role as Dr. Mark McSteamy Sloan in Grey’s Anatomy. He is 52 years old and 6 feet 1 Inches tall. His net worth is estimated to be $13 million. Eric Dane’s acting career began in the 1990s with minor roles on television, but his breakthrough role was in “Grey‘s Anatomy”. He has also appeared in the films like Marley & Me and Valentine’s Day.
|Real Name||Eric Dane|
|Full Name||Eric William Melvin|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1972.|
|Place of Birth||San Francisco, United States|
|Parents||William Melvin and Leah Dane|
|Net Worth||Estimated $13 Million|
|Ethnicity||English, German, Russian, Jewish|
|Children||Billie Beatrice Dane and Georgia Dane|
|Debut||Open Water 2: Adrift (2006)Marley & Me (2008)Valentine’s Day (2010).|
Eric Dane Age and Height
- Eric celebrates his birthday on 9th November. He was born in San Francisco, California, United States, on 9th November 1972. Currently, he is 52 years old.
- The outstanding actor has a Charming figure. His Height is 6 feet 1 inch and his Weight is 196 lbs (89 kg). The salt and pepper hairs and blue eyes are the other remarkable features of Eric Dane.
|Height||6 feet 1 Inch|
|Weight||196 lbs (89kg)|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Shoe size||10 (US)|
Eric Dane Young and Early Life
- Eric William Dane was conceived in San Francisco, California on November 9, 1972. Dane was the son of Leah, a homemaker, and Dane, an interior designer/architect. He is the brother of a younger sister.
- Dane was raised by his mother in the Jewish faith. From 1987 to 1990, he attended Sequoia High School, in Redwood City, California.
- He also attended San Mateo High School, San Mateo, California from 1990 to 1991. After appearing in Arthur Miller’s All My Sons school production, Dane became an athlete in high school.
- His parents are of English, German, and Russian-Jewish descent. He is also Finnish and Austrian-Jewish.
- Dane was seven when his father died from gunshot wounds. His mother raised him, and his brother and had them both Jewish. He also had a bar mitzvah.
Also, Read: Jojo Siwa Net Worth 2023 (Updated), Age, House, Car, Income
- On October 29, 2004, Dane wed actress Rebecca Gayheart. Gayheart and Dane had their first child on March 3, 2010, a daughter named Billie Beatrice. Their second child was announced by Gayheart on July 8, 2011.
- Dane was the talk of the town when he took part in a nude tape along with Kari Ann Peniche, his wife.
- He went to rehab in June 2011. He is now finished with his 30-day therapy. His rep said that it was “business as usual.”
- After suffering a serious sports injury, Dane sought treatment in California to address his dependency on prescription drugs.
Eric Dane Wife
- Eric’s wife was Rebecca Gayheart, born on August 12, 1971. She is an American actress, model, and singer. In the 1980s, she started her modeling career as a teenage model and later appeared in a short film for students by Brett Ratner.
- They began dating in 2003. After less than a year of being together, they got married in Las Vegas in Oct 2004.
- After 14 years of marriage, Dane and Gayheart had two children, Billie and Georgia before deciding to end their relationship in 2018.
- Gayheart, despite being separated, explained to the media in 2019 how she and Dane co-parented to the best of their abilities.
- From 1987 to 1990, Eric attended Sequoia High School in Redwood City (California) and San Mateo High School in San Mateo (California), where he graduated in 1991.
- After playing in the school’s boys’ water polo team, Dane pursued acting as a career after appearing in an Arthur Miller school production.
- Eric Dane’s showbiz career began in the 1990s. In 1991, he began to appear in small roles in TV series. Dane moved from New York to LA in 1993 and began acting in small roles on TV series such as ‘Married… with Children’, ‘Roseanne‘, and ‘The Wonder Year‘.
- He also got more exposure through the role of ‘Gideon’s Crossing‘. His 2-season stint on ‘Charmed’ was also a success. He also appeared in a few TV films, including ‘Helter Skelter” and ‘Serving in Silence.
- Dane began receiving multiple offers for movies after 2000. Although he didn’t sign up for the lead roles in major blockbuster films, he was able to land supporting roles that increased his popularity and helped to increase his fan base.
- He was originally scheduled to appear as a guest on ‘The Basket,’ his first major feature film. His popularity and audience reaction led him to become a regular in the third season. After season 8, he left the show, but he returned to the role in season 9.
- He also appeared in mainstream Hollywood movies such as ‘Valentine’s Day‘ (2010), a romantic comedy. He shared screen space with Julia Roberts, Jessica Biel, and Anne Hathaway in this movie.
- Although his role in the superhero movie X-Men: The Last Stand was short, it earned him attention for his acting skills. He was also involved in ‘The Last Ship‘, an apocalyptic drama.
Also, Read: Britney Spears Net Worth 2023(Updated), Car, House, Real Estate
Eric Dane Movies and TV shows
|1999||The Basket||Tom Emery|
|2003||Sol Goode||Overly Dramatic Actor|
|2006||X-Men: The Last Stand||Jamie Madrox / Multiple Man|
|Open Water 2: Adrift||Dan|
|2008||Marley & Me||Sebastian Tunney|
|2010||Valentine’s Day||Sean Jackson|
|2017||Grey Lady||Detective James Doyle|
|2021||The Ravine||Mitch Bianchi|
|2023||Little Dixie||Governor Richard Jeffs|
|1993||The Wonder Years||Brett|
|1995||Married… with Children||Oliver Cole|
|Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story||Matt|
|1996||Seduced by Madness: The Diane Borchardt Story||Nick|
|Silk Stalkings||Justin Whalen|
|2000||Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane||Alec|
|2001||Gideon’s Crossing||Dr. Wyatt Cooper|
|Ball & Chain||Jack|
|2002||The American Embassy||Rob Goodwin|
|2004||Las Vegas||Leo Broder|
|Helter Skelter||Charles “Tex” Watson|
|2005||Painkiller Jane||Nick Pierce|
|2006||Wedding Wars||Ben Grandy|
|2006–12, 2021||Grey’s Anatomy||Dr. Mark Sloan|
|2014–18||The Last Ship||Capt. Tom Chandler|
|2018||Family Guy||Himself (voice)|
|2020||Wireless||Officer T.C. Kirschner|
Awards & Achievements
- He was nominated for numerous awards and nominations for his outstanding performances on ‘Grey‘s Anatomy’, as well as other television series and films.
- For ‘Grey‘s Anatomy’, he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance of an Ensemble in Drama Series.
- He also won the Satellite Award for Best Cast – Television Series as well as the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance By an Ensemble in Drama Series.
Eric Dane Net Worth
|Net worth||$13 million|
|Yearly Income||$1.16 million|
- The TV actor was born to William Melvin and Leah Dane in San Francisco, California, United States. Eric Dane Net Worth is $13 million as of 2023. Dane earns between $1 million and $1.16 million annually.
- His acting roles in films and television shows account for a sizable portion of his riches. Additionally, he receives considerable compensation for appearing in commercials and working with brands.
- He made at least $96k a month in profits. According to reports, Eric earns more than $22,000 every week.
- Eric made $250k every season while he was a cast member on Grey’s Anatomy. Since Eric Dane has played Mark Solgan on Grey’s Anatomy for seven seasons, it is estimated that he has earned a staggering $1.75 million. The earnings from this show for him were $100,000 for each episode.
- Eric Dane made a staggering $5.6 million in profit from “The Last Ship” in total.
- He has invested a substantial portion of his wealth in real estate holdings.
- He bought a house in Los Angeles, California, in the year 2000. The house has three bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, and it is situated on a 2,2654 square foot plot of land.
- The residence of He has several luxurious amenities, including an indoor pool, a garden, and a tree-lined yard.
- Eric Dane paid $1.4 million for this incredible property. He also has a home in Beverly Hills, California, in addition to this. The property was purchased between 2010 and 2011 for a staggering $2.4 million, according to records.
- His social media fan base is enormous. He has around 3.2 million followers on Instagram.
- 334.2k people follow him on Twitter. His superb acting abilities draw in both supporters and the broader public, which accounts for his large fan following.
- He is among the most powerful figures on social media.
American actor Eric Dane. After appearing on television throughout the 1990s and 2000s he was best known for his role as Dr. Mark McSteamy Sloan on Grey’s Anatomy. He recently branched out into film and starred in Marley & Me and Valentine’s Day. On October 29, 2004, Dane wed actress Rebecca Gayheart. Billie Beatrice was Dane’s first child with Gayheart.
Also, Read: Dua Lipa Net Worth 2023, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Dad
Eric Dane – FAQ’s
How old is Eric Dane?
On November 9, 1972, Eric Dane was born in San Francisco, California, in the United States. He is 52 years old right now. The talented actor has a charming appearance.
How tall is Eric Dane?
He is an American actor. The talented actor has a charming appearance. He weighs 196 pounds (89 kg). and is 6 feet, 1 inch tall.
Why did Eric Dane leave grey’s anatomy?
He got a part in “The Last Ship.” The actor left for a variety of reasons, including one in which Michael Bay offered him the main role in a drama series that is set after a global viral outbreak that wipes out the Earth’s population.
Who is Eric Dane?
Actor Eric William Dane is American. Dane had several television appearances in the 1990s and 2000s, including a recurring part as Jason Dean in the ABC medical drama series Charmed. He was then cast as Dr. Mark Sloan on Grey’s Anatomy, which debuted in 2003.
Who is Eric Dane married to?
American model and actress Rebecca Gayheart. She started in the 1980s as an adolescent model before making an appearance in a student film directed by Brett Ratner, with whom she had a close relationship. Gayheart agreed to work as a spokeswoman for Noxzema in the early 1990s after signing a contract with the organization.
Why did Eric Dane die?
Meredith was undoubtedly alluding to the passing of Mark Sloan (Eric Dane), who was lying in a hospital bed and on life support, presumably as a result of his internal injuries from the finale’s plane crash, as well as the death of her sister Lexie, who perished under a piece of a plane in May’s finale.
Who is Eric Dane dating?
Dane wed actress Rebecca Gayheart on October 29, 2004. Billie Beatrice was born to Gayheart and Dane on March 3, 2010, as their first child. Gayheart announced their second child on July 8, 2011.
Why did Eric Dane get divorced?
She stated there was no chance of reconciliation and cited “irreconcilable issues” as the cause of the split. The Jawbreaker star requested monthly spousal assistance from her spouse in her appeal. Along with joint legal and physical custody, she also requested it.