Esteban Loaiza, one of the well-known names of the Major League Baseball married the singer, actress, entrepreneur, speaker and songwriter Jenni Rivera.
Loaiza could not handle his fame efficiently and so landed in legal troubles. He was booked twice and was sentenced to a prison term. The US government deported him back to Mexico after his term completed in 2021.
Esteban Loaiza’s Overview
- Birth Name: Esteban Antonio Loaiza Veyna
- Age: 50
- Date of Birth: December 31, 1971
- Place of Birth: Tijuana, Mexico
- Nationality: Mexican
- Profession: Baseball Pitcher
- Net Worth: 5 million USD (as in 2019)
- Father: Luis Antonio Loaiza
- Mother: Maria del Socorro Veyna
- Spouse: E-wife Christina Teadora Varasso (1998-2004), Jenni Rivera (2010, died before divorce was finalized)
- Children: Son Esteban Sage (with wife Ashley Esposito), Son Esteban Loaiza Eustace (with wife Christina Eustace)
Facts about His Physical Appearance
- Height: 6 feet and 2 inches approximately
- Weight: 104 kg
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
Childhood, Family and Education
- Esteban Loaiza was born to parents Maria del Socorro Veyna and Luis Antonio Loaiza on December 31, 1971 in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Estaban is a brother to sister Maria Luisa and brother Sabino Loaiza.
- He has a Mexican origin but holds citizenship of Mexico as well as America.
- He did his schooling at a school named Mar Vista High School located in Imperial Beach, California.
- There he spent his childhood playing sports and from there his passion for baseball started.
- After graduating from High School, Pittsburgh Pirates signed him in 1991, as a free agent.
- Five games was started by him in 1991 along with Gulf Coast Pirates and finished it with 5-1 record and got a run average of 2.26.
- He then played for Mexico City Red Devils during 1993.
- He has also played for Mexicali Aguilas of Liga Mexicana Del Pacifico.
- In April 1995, he did his debut in the Major League for Pirates but in 1996, he went on to play for Triple-A Calgary Cannons.
- However, he was called back again for major league in the same year.
- In July 1998, Esteban was traded by Pirated to the Texas Rangers.
- He spent next two seasons as a starter and reliever for Texas Rangers.
- In 2000, Esteban was brought to Toronto Blue Jays, for whom he played for two years till 2002.
- Esteban Loaiza contracted with Chicago White Sox in 2003, he became a All-star game member for the team in American League of 2004.
- He was again traded to New York Yankees for his appearance, however, because of his performance, he was shifted to Bullpen.
- He signed another one-year contract with Washing Nationals as a free agent. He got 3.77 ERA for the team.
- Later, he signed a contract for three years with Oakland Athletics. But he was unable to leave an impact with his performance. Injuries also affected his performance.
- He had to spend his time on the list of disabled. But, in 2007, was moved to 25 man roaster.
- Los Angeles Dodgers bought his remaining contract from Oakland Athletics.
- His debut was impressive and so expectations increased and he was successful in regaining Dodgers spot. However, for the rest of the season, he was unable to leave a mark.
- On May 24 2007, he was released from the contract.
- Again in 2008, he joined Chicago White Sox but his injuries made his place in the disabled list.
- After six weeks on the disabled list, he was freed from contract.
In his career, Esteban got several appreciations. These include:
- Player of the Week and Pitcher of the Month in April 2003.
- Players Choice Comeback Player of the year in 2003.
- In 2006, he received Pitcher of the Month award for August.
- On Jul 1, 2011, his name was listed on the Las Vegas Walk of Fame.
- From the start of his career till 2018, his net worth was estimated to be around 44 million dollars.
- However, the value dropped to 5 million dollars since he had to pay compensations and so he lost a large part of his earnings.
Esteban Loaiza had affairs with Ashley Esposito, Ross Labra and Cristina Eustace.
- During 1998 October, Christina Teadora became his wife.
- However, couple took divorce in October 2004.
- At a later stage, he dated Ashley Esposito.
- She was his teammate’s nany.
- Esteban also had a son named Sage Loaiza with Ashley.
- Loaiza met Jenni Rivera in 2008 at one of her concerts.
- In 2010, Loaiza married the singer and actress Jenni Riverra.
- He was her third husband. Their wedding ceremony became the “wedding of the year” in 2010 as it was telecasted on TV channels and was also published in magazines.
- Esteban appeared on the reality show ‘I Love Jenni” and the episode was aired on 5 March, 2011.
- The couple filed for the divorce in 2012.
Controversies and Legal Issues
- Esteban came out unfaithful to his second wife Jenni.
- The news of his affair with his step-daughter, Chiquis Rivera, came out, however, no one was able to confirm the news as true, it can be noted from the fact that the recordings of six weeks from Jenni’s room were deleted.
- Esteban Loaiza landed in the legal issue when he was arrested for over-speeding on California Highway and had to appear in the court since he failed to prove his soberity.
- In February 2018, he was arrested again in San Diago for carrying 20 kgs of Cocaine.
- The value of the drug was approximated at around 500,000 USD. He was sentenced to 3 years prison by the jury.
- He was given proper care in the jail since he had type 2 diabetes.