“Before Music.ly, I wasn’t the most outgoing. The app helped me goof off. It’s like no one is watching beside the camera.”- Jacob Sartorius is an American musician, composer, and social media influencer. He became well-known for releasing humorous and hilarious videos on Vine and TikTok. He launched his debut track, “Sweatshirt,” starring American Artist Luna Blaise in 2016, and quickly rose to the ninth-most-searched musical artist on Google.
Who is Jacob Sartorius?
The 19-year-old singer and vlogger rose to fame after posting his video on visual platforms like Vine, TikTok, and Musical.ly. He released his first single Sweatshirt in 2016 and his debut EP in 2017.
Jacob Sartorius’s Overview
|Birth Name||Rolf Jacob Sartorius|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 2002|
|Place of Birth||Tulsa, Oklahoma, US|
|Occupation||Singer and Internet Sensation|
|Net Worth||3 million USD|
|Girlfriend||Millie Bobby Brown|
- Jacob Sartorius is a young man with beautiful looks and a lovely attitude. He is around 54 kilograms tall and 5 feet, 5 inches wide.
- He has a slim build and amazing physical attributes. His hair is a chic dark brown tone, and he has lovely grey eyes.
Early Life of Sartorius
- Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Sartorius is a 19-year-old singer and internet sensation.
- Soon after his birth, he was adopted since his birth parents were unable to look after him well.
- He had to move to Reston, Virginia with his adoptive parents.
- From the age of seven, he started acting musically, and there he discovered his passion for performing.
- As of 2016 August, his videos of lip-syncing got more than 8 million followers before closing in 2017.
- Through social media, his passion for performance got a boost.
- He attended Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia, for his education. Following that, he attended Hampton University in Virginia to finish his degree.
Jacob Sartorius’s Career
- On May 3, 2016, Sartorius’s first single titled “Sweatshirt” was released. The song stood at no. 90 on the list of Billboard Hot 100.
- In 2016, he took a solo tour and performed in six cities across the world.
- In 2017, he took another tour called The Last Text World Tour and performed in seven countries of the world to support and promote his debut plat “The Last Text” which was released in January 2017.
- Later in March 2018, he spoke at the March for Our Lives event in Los Angeles.
- Past his tour to Los Angeles, he released his singles titled “All My Friends” and “Hit or Miss”.
- His song “Hit or Miss” became his highest-charting single to date in the US.
- According to Google, Sartorius was the 9th most searched musical artist of the year 2016.
- He released his first EP Better With You on November 1, 2018.
- Till date, the internet sensation Jacob Sartorius is having more than 23.8 million followers on the social platform TikTok.
Controversies in his name
- In 2016, Mashable, an international entertainment company, reported that a user named ‘aly’ on Twitter stated that Sartorius asked her to send her nudes through Fb messaging.
- To this, Sartorius’ officials denied the fact that the Twitter account does not belongs to him and his official Facebook page was created after two months this incident.
- Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things and Jacob Sartorius once dated each other in 2017, however, they announced their breakup in an Instagram story after just a few months of being together.
- Later, the couple came together once again in early 2018.
- As of now, there is no news on the relationship status of Sartorius after her gf announced her relationship with Jake Bongiovi.
‘Sweatshirt’ and ‘Hit or Miss’s singer Jacob Sartorius has got many hit songs. Find the list below:
- Last Text
- All My Friends
- Hit Me Back
- Better with You
- No Music
- Up With It
- Nothin’ With You
- Love Me Back
- Hooked on a Feeling
- By Your Side
- YouTube and Bbq Chips
- We’re Not Friends
- Popular Girls
- Hang Me Out To Dry
- Said No One Ever
- ABC’s Freestyle
- For Real
- Lover Boy
- Used To
- Hey, Hello, Goodbye
- Fly Away
- Over U
- Trapped in the Car
- Party Goes Harder
- California Gurls
- What We Could Be
- Fear of Intimacy
Awards and Nominations
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Muser||Nominated|
|2017||iHeart Radio Music Awards||Social Star Award||Nominated|
|2017||Kids’ Choice Awards||Favorite Viral Music Artist||Nominated|
|2017||Radio Disney Music Awards||Favorite Social Media Star||Nominated|
|2017||Shorty Awards||Favorite Social Media Star||Nominated|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Muser||Nominated|
- All My Friends Tour 2016
- The Last Text World Tour 2017
- The Left Me Hangin’ Tour 2017
- Night And Day Tour 2018
- Sweatshirt, Jacob’s first song, peaked at number nine on the list of most-searched musical artists in 2016 and hit the Top 100 charts in both the United States and Canada.
- In an interview, Jacob said that because of bullying at his high school, he had to transfer three times.
- Jessica Alba is his favourite actress, while Logan Lerman is his favourite actor. He enjoys singing, music, and both playing and watching football.
- Jacob Sartorius experiences the side effect of Rosacea, which is his red cheeks. It is a type of skin ailment that results in facial blood vessels that are visible as well as blushing or flushing.
Read Also –Claude Cahun
The singer and vlogger, Jacob Sartorius got fame at a very young age after his lip-syncing video got millions of views. Currently, his net worth is estimated to be somewhere around 3 million USD.
3 Million USD
Social Media Handles
- A singer and online star from the United States, he became well-known on social media after publishing lip-syncing videos on Musical.ly. His debut track, “Sweatshirt,” which he released in 2016, reached the Hot 100 charts in both the US and Canada.