Jaycee Dugard is an 11-year-old girl, with a net worth of $17 million, her Daughter is Starlet Dugard and angel Dugard, Jaycee was taken from a nearby street while she was walking to a bus stop for a school located in the city of Meyers, California, United States. After Dugard’s disappearance, searches began immediately. Disappearance, but no reliable leads were discovered even though a number of people had witnessed the abduction. Jaycee an American native, was held in the captivity of Philip and Nancy Garrido for almost 18 years. In captivity, she was raped many times by Philip, she also gave birth to her two daughters, Angel and Starlet Dugard, at the age of 14 and 17 respectively. She and her daughters recovered from captivity in 2009.
|Birth Name||Jaycee Lee Dugard|
|Date of Birth||3 May 1980|
|Place of Birth||California, United States|
|Net Worth||$17 million|
|Date of Abduction||June 10, 1991|
|Date of Release||August 26, 2009|
|Perpetrators||Philip and Nancy Garrido|
Jaycee Dugard Age, Height, and Weight
|Height||4 feet 7 inches|
|Weight||176 lbs (79 kg)|
- Jaycee was born on 3 May 1980, her age is 42 years old, Jaycee was abducted, and she stood at a height of 4 feet 7 inches and weight about 176 lbs(79 kg). But, her present body measurements are not known. In addition, she is blonde with blue eyes.
Early Life, Education, and Family
|Father Name||Ken Slayton|
|Mother Name||Terry Probyn|
|Children||Angel Dugard, Starlet Dugard|
|Movies||Kidnapped for 18 Years: The Jaycee Dugard Story|
|Education||Bryn Mawr College, London School of Economics and Political Science|
- Jaycee Dugard’s father, Ken Slayton, was not directly involved in her life or in the investigation which was conducted following her abduction.
- When Dugard was seven years old, her mother Terry was married to a carpet worker named Carl Probyn.
- She was the mother of Dugard’s half-sister Shayna in 1989.
- In September of 1990, the family of Dugard moved to Arcadia, California, in Los Angeles County, to Meyers, a small town to the south of South Lake Tahoe due to the belief that it was a more secure community.
- When the kidnapping occurred, Dugard was in fifth grade and was preparing for a scheduled field excursion.
Also, Read: Maurizio Gucci Girlfriend, Net Worth, Daughters, Death Scene, Funeral
Jaycee Dugard Daughters
- Jaycee Dugard was 13 years old when her first daughter was born and had been aware of the connection with sex as well as pregnancy via television.
- Dugard saw television shows about birth preparations in the event of giving birth to her first child that occurred when Dugard was 14 on the 18th of August, 1994 Angel was the first of her daughters who was fathered by her captor Phillip Garrido.
- When she was 13 and with no knowledge of the nature of labour and she was suffering from terrible discomforts, while locked in a shed located in the Garrido’s backyard.
- Nancy Garrido, a nursing aide, was the sole person who assisted during the delivery. The most recent time Garrido was raped by Dugard was on the day that her second daughter was born.
- The second child Starlet was born at the age of Dugard and was 17 years old on the 13th of November, 1997.
Also, Read: Queen Elizabeth II Death, Net Worth, Age, Family, Children
The kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard
- On the 10th day of June that year, Jaycee Lee Dugard an 11-year-old girl was rescued from a street in the vicinity.
- The search started right after Dugard’s disappearance, however, there was no concrete lead.
- Dugard has been missing for over 18 years, until the year 2009, when Dugard was found guilty of sexual assault, by Phillip Garrido.
- On April 28, 2011, The couple plead guilty to abducting and assault of Dugard.
- The investigation found that Dugard was hidden in sheds and tents, and lean-tos in an enclosed area that was within the Garrido’s house that is located on Walnut Avenue in California. While in her prison Dugard had two girls, who were ages 11 and 15 when she returned.
- On June 2, 2011, Garrido was sentenced to 431 years in prison. His lady who was his wife, Nancy, was sentenced to life imprisonment for 36 years.
- The schoolmates from Jaycee Lee Dugard claim their lives were also altered in 1991 when the 11-year-old girl was abducted while waiting for the bus to school in South Lake Tahoe.
- Kristina Rhoden, 28 from Reno was Dugard’s classmate in fifth grade at Meyers Elementary back in the year 1991.
Jaycee Dugard Now
- After being held for over 18 years Dugard got released the prison and began her new life with her daughters.
- She met her mother of her, Terry Probyn, and they began to live with them with her mother in South Lake Tahoe, California.
- Additionally, she wrote her autobiography “A Stolen Life,” which tells the story of her kidnapping, as well as 18 years of detention in July of 2011.
- After that, she published her second book in which she detailed her experiences following many years in captivity.
- Her next book title”Freedom: My Book of Firsts” was released in July 2016.
- Presently, she is associated with The Joyce Foundation, which purpose is to provide assistance to families and individuals who have been through a serious difficulty, crisis, or conflict that has caused an incredibly life-altering event.
Jaycee Dugard Books
- The Stolen Life: A Memoir is a real-life Crime memoir written by American abduction victim Jaycee Lee Dugard. She describes her time in prison in an area that was not part of the incorporated area within Contra Costa County, California.
- The memoir describes how she dealt with trauma to her mental health caused by extreme abuse.
- The publication was placed as number first in Amazon sales charts one day prior to its release, and it was also ranked as the highest on The New York Times bestseller list for hardcover nonfiction for six weeks after its publication.
- The documentary The Stolen Lives of Jaycee told the tale of her life beginning with her disappearance in the year 1991 until her return in 2009.
- Freedom: My Book of Firsts is about the events that occurred immediately following. “How do you rebuild a life?” Jaycee asks.
- In the pages of these books, she describes her life as she never thought she would experience, starting with the first sighting of her mom to her first meeting with her sister, who was grown,
- Her first trip to the dentist her first day her daughter was at school and her first sip of champagne after her first hangover to her first drive, her first speeding ticket, and the first moment she danced at the wedding of a close friend, to her first thoughts about whether she was involved in a new relationship.
- This inspiring and honest book will help you realize that there’s Jaycee declares, “life after something tragic happens. Somehow, I still believe that we each hold the key to our own happiness and you have to grab it where you can in whatever form it might take.“
- Freedom is an inspiring book about the power that each one of us possesses within us.
Jaycee Dugard Turpin Family
- The Turpin family initially resided in Fort Worth but moved to Rio Vista in 1999.
- At first, the couple began abusing their children through acts of neglect and abandonment. The abuse soon turned into more brutal rounds of abuse.
- After a couple of years of being in Rio Vista, they moved to California in 2010.
- After her exile, Dugard created the JAYC Foundation in 2011. The foundation helps individuals and families that have experienced a severe crisis, challenge, or conflict through a major life disruption.
- Dugard’s has established a foundation that has set up that will receive donations to help 13 Turpin children.”13 children were imprisoned to their families in a horror story, unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Do not look away,”
- Three years later, after being released from hell thirteen siblings are not in the care of a guardian or foster child and continue to struggle to make it through and require your help.
Jaycee Dugard’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||$17 million|
|Source of Income||Actor|
- Jaycee files a lawsuit against the State of California for continued detention, sexual assault, and physical and mental assault, and to compensate her the State of California awarded the Dugard family $20 million in 2010.
- Furthermore, her current earnings and salary are not still being reviewed. At the time of her 2022 birthday, Jaycee Dugard’s Net Worth is $17 million.
- The author has over 34.3k fans on their Instagram account. She’s very active on Twitter with over 78.10 followers.
- Jaycee has a verified social media account, including Facebook, Twitter, and Facebook.
- On 17 September 2016, her case was covered by the Casefile True Crime podcast.
Jaycee Dugard Movie
- The Jaycee Dugard Story is a documentary directed by Boris Ivanov. The story revolved around the centre character Jaycee Dugard, who was 11 years old when she was kidnapped. After being held for 18 long years in the hands of a guilty child mole, Jaycee Dugard appeared well.
Also, Read: Queen Camilla, Age, Outfit, Twitter, Prince Harry, News
The 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped while she walked on her way to class in the summer of 1991. Nobody would ever see her again for the next 18 years until two police officers from the campus were able to do what parole officers and police officers could not. However, her story isn’t just one of survival. It’s one of resilience, strength, and the way to live after tragic events.