Jenni Rivera was a reputed singer, and songwriter, By her death, she had a net worth of $ 25 million. she was born on July 2, 1969, and died at the age of 43 due to a plane crash. She was especially famous for her Latin and regional music. Her five children survive Jenni. Jenni also known as “Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra” has won several recognitions in her music career, like ‘best-selling Latin artist’ and the ‘top Latin Artist of 2013′. her work within the Regional Mexican music genre, categorically in the styles of Banda, Mariachi, and Norteño.
|Birth Name||Jenni Rivera|
|Also Known As||Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1969|
|Place of Birth||Long Beach, CA|
|Date of Death||December 9, 2012 (age 43)|
|Place of Death||Iturbide, Mexico|
|Cause of Death||Aviation accident and incident, Plane Crash|
|Professions||Composer, Businessperson, Singer-songwriter, Record Producer, Entrepreneur, Spokesperson, Fashion Designer, Film actor, Television producer, Producer|
|Spouse/Ex||Esteban Loaiza (m. 2010–2012), Juan López (m. 1997–2003), José Trinidad Marín (m. 1984–1992)|
|Album Debut||Por un Amor (August 8, 1994)|
|Famous Role||like La Diva En Vivo|
|Years Active||July 2, 1969 – December 9, 2012|
|Children||Chiquis Rivera, Jacqie Campos, Michael Marin, Johnny Lopez, Jenicka Lopez|
|Siblings||Rosie Rivera, Lupillo Rivera, Juan Rivera, Gustavo Rivera, Pedro Rivera Jr.|
|Grandchildren||Jaylah Hope Yanez, Jenavieve Campos, Julian Joy Campos, Luna Amira Marin Ibarra, Jordan Campos|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
Jenni Rivera Age, Height, and Weight
- Jenni was a sensation in the Latin music industry. Her shocking death left her family and fans heartbroken. Jenni was a woman of 5 feet 1 inch.
- Her weight was 54 kg. Jenni Rivera had an average body type. Due to their medium body, Jenni used to wear dresses and shoes of US size 8.
|Weight:||119 lbs (54 kg)|
|Height:||5 feet 1 inch|
|Died On||43 age|
|Hair Color:||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Childhood and Early Life
- Jenni Rivera was born on July 02, 1969, to Rosa Saavedra and Pedro Rivera. Her mother Rosa Saavedra and her father Pedro Rivera raised Jenni along with her five siblings.
- In addition to the same, all of them were raised in a musical environment.
- Besides, Jenni was introduced to the Banda musical genre by her family.
- At the age of 15, Jenni became pregnant with her five children.
- Later, her teachers advised and influenced her to continue her studies and labelled her teen pregnancy as a complete waste of talent asking her not to drop out.
- Additionally, Rivera has been labelled as one of the most significant female figures and the top-selling female artist in Regional Mexican music by various media outlets.
- Jenni Rivera began her career in music in the year 1992.
- Furthermore, most of her recordings were majorly based on relationships, social issues, and infidelity. In the late 1990s, Jenni Rivera released her first label studio album, Si Quieres Verme Llorar.
Famous Quote by Jenni Rivera
- “With or without my man, I was going to make them proud to have me as a mother. And I was going to make my parents proud, once again, to have me as a daughter.”
Jenni Rivera Children
- Jenni left the world in 2012. On the personal front, Jenni Rivera had five children from 2 marriages. It’s almost a decade since she left for the heavenly abode, and now all her children are adults. Chiquis Rivera was the eldest of all. She was the first child from her marriage to Jose Trinidad. Chiquis is pursuing a television career. She also followed her mother’s profession and composed three albums.
- Jacqie was the second child. She has also taken up music as her career. Earlier, like her sister, she used to use her mother’s last name. Her recent solo is “Ex-Factor“. In 2012, she married Michael Campos.
- Michael was the third and the last child from the marriage of Jenni and Jose. Michael was born in 1991. He uses the last name of his fathers. Though he chose a different profession than his siblings, he is a true artist. Michael is a painter! He has taken part in various popular shows like the NBC canvas competition.
- Jenni married Juan Lopez for the second time in 1997. She gave birth to her daughter Jenicka in the same year. She is a makeup, plus size model and runs a Youtube channel. Now, Jenicka has launched her new clothing brand.
- Last but not least, Johnny Lopez is the youngest of all. Born in 2001, he is also a musician and is often known by the name Cinco. In 2017, he became a controversial entity due to his bisexuality.
- Rivera’s life was not that easy. She got pregnant by Trino Marin, and her parents kicked her out of their house. She was just 15 years old when she got pregnant.
- While she married Trino Marin, her life didn’t change because she was in a toxic relationship.
- Once, she described that she faced physical and mental abuse in her marriages.
- Even she attempt suicide twice. However, she managed to complete her studies.
- Lastly, she gives up on her marriage and accommodates her parents. There she discovered a love for singing and started singing.
Rosa Saavedra Grandchildren
- Family is the strength of a person which not only defines one’s personality, but its values also reflect in the lifestyle and decision formation. Additionally, keeping this in mind let us explore the family life of Jenni Rivera in the given paragraph.
- Though the Rivera family is popular and known to make headlines, the reasons are always not right. From several arguments to allegations of Rivera’s siblings on each other and on Rosa Saavedra the family has had some crazy disputes throughout the years.
Marital Life of Jenni Rivera
- Jenni Rivera was married three times and she had five children. Adding the same, she had five children and her married life was never easy. At first, she married Trino Marin and due to her teen pregnancy was kicked out of her house. Jenni’s husband Trion Marin made their marriage last difficult for her and hence she divorced him after 8 long years of marriage.
- Physically and emotionally disturbed Jenni, who later Married Juan López, in the year 1997, was her second husband. Though Jenni acquired all the strength and decided to move on happily in life, her second marriage also did not last long and her second husband died in prison under the charge of drug dealing.
- Jenni was born to Rosa Saavedra and Don Pedro Rivera. Rivera’s parents announced separation when she was alive. She hinted that her husband, Don Pedro, was having an affair with another woman and also had a child.
- Pedro’s infidelity was the reason for their separation. She now posts various cooking videos on her social media handle. In one of the recent videos, Don Pedro appeared in the show. Was this a step toward reconciliation? In one of the videos, Rosa shared that a man wants to marry her
Jenni Rivera Kids
Jenni was blessed with 5 kids, let’s find out about them:-
- Chiquis was the first child of Jenni, born in June 1985.
- Additionally, Jenni was a teenager when Chiquis was born.
- In the year 1989, Jenni gave birth to her second child Jacquelin, also known as Jacqie.
- Michael was born in the year 1991.
- After divorcing her first husband Jose, Jenni gave birth to Jennika Lopez in the year 1997.
- Johnny is the youngest son of Jenni Rivera, born on February 20, 2001.
Jenni Rivera Death
- December 09, 2012, the biggest superstar of Mexican Banda, Dolores Janney, Jenni Rivera Saavedra, left millions in shock with her tragic demise in a plane crash. Her death shocked her fans, who love them.
- A Learjet carrying Jenni Rivera, her lawyer, hairdresser, publicist, and makeup artist, as well as two pilots, took off from Monterrey, Mexico. Before sunrise, they ought to arrive in Toluca. But, it didn’t happen.
- According to a report, the twin-engine turbojet dropped off the radar screen about 10 minutes after takeoff. It was found in a later investigation that it had likely plummeted straight down from 28,000 feet, perhaps at over 600 miles per hour, before it crashed. Jenni, along with the six other people, died instantly on board.
Jenni Rivera Alive
- She was travelling in Learjet 25 for a Monterrey Arena concert in Monterrey, Mexico. After attending a press meet, she and four members of her team departed from the city airport at around 3:20 a.m. The day was December 9, 2012!
- They were heading to Toluca, Mexico, to appear in the show La Voz Mexico. After 15 minutes of her onboarding, contact with the jet was lost. Later, the wreckage was discovered in Iturbide, Nuevo Leon. Her remains and 6 other co-passengers were found at the site.
- Due to legal issues, there was a delay in her funeral. She rests at All Souls Cemetery in Long Beach, California. Her death became one of the trending topics on Twitter.
Jenni Rivera Plane Crash
- In addition to this, the drastic accident happened right after the final performance of Jenni in Monterrey, Mexico. Rivera was 42, and unfortunately, there were no survivors of this accident.
- Right after 7 years of her tragic demise, Rivera made national headlines, as she was honoured as the first-ever regional Mexican music star to appear on a billboard in Times Square.
Note That She Leave Before her Death
- After her death, it was revealed that she left a note/ letter a month to her sister Rosi. In 2005, she recorded the song “Cuando muere una dama“; she mentioned this letter through her lyrics.
- Rivera wrote in her letter, “That is my beautiful long beach. There would be a big party, where my brothers would sing for me, my mother hand out flowers and my father pictures, and my sister read my letter.“
- The brother of Rivera disclosed this news, Pedro Rivera Jr. said that Rivera wrote this letter about a month and a half ago. Then she handed it to her sister.
Rivera and her Death Threats
- The superstar Rivera got many threats before her plane crash that took her life. Once in an interview on the radio, she revealed one of the death threats. She said she received multiple death threats via emails, phone calls, messages, and board.
Legal Issues with Spouse
- In the year 2008, She was arrested under the charge of physical assault and verbal abuse. This incident took place in the middle of her concert when a fan threw a beer can at her, and she insulted him publically. Later, the authorities were called on, and she was released only on a bail of $3,000.
Jenni Rivera Husband
- Rivera’s 3rd Husband was Esteban Loaiza, a baseball pitcher. She married him in the year 2010 and filed for divorce in 2012. Moreover, her divorce petition was filed right before a few months after her demise, but it was never finalized.
Beginning of Music in Her Life
- Jenni was introduced to music in the year 1992 and her career in music began with a recording of a Father’s day song, which she had prepared for her father as a gift. Later, she made great recordings and released her first album, Somos Rivera in the year 1992.
After signing her first album, Rivera released several successful albums, a few of them as listed:-
- Por Un Amor
- La Maestra
- La Chacalosa
- Poco a Poco
Jenni Rivera Crime Scene
- Jenni Rivera’s family expressed their disgust as the photo of her dismantled body leaked. The aircraft company also came under the radar of the US Drug Enforcement Administration. The ownership of the aircraft was linked to Christian Esqino Nunez.
- He was arrested in 2006 for forging the plane records. On the other hand, Jenni’s family told the people to be responsible as her dismembered bloody body caused a storm in the media. There was also leaked footage of painted toenails on a severed foot.
Biggest Achievements of Jennie Rivera
Once a star, always a star, this is what we learn from the exceptionally eye-opening Biography of Jenni Rivera. Let us now take a dig at her biggest achievements, which are as listed:-
- Mi Vida Loca- Her ninth album (Released in 2007)
- Won Latin Billboard Music Award for Regional Mexican Album of the Year (the year 2008)
- Album Jenni was one of the most notable works in her career and earned her biggest commercial success.
Jenni Rivera’s Net Worth
- She is a Mexican-American Latin singer and had a Jenni Rivera Net Worth of $25 million at the time of her demise.
- Adding on, she was popularly known for her work with the norteña, mariachi, and banda music genres.
- Moreover, she also produced 15 gold, 15 platinum, and 5 double-platinum records.
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Achievement Award||15 gold, 15 platinum and 5 double-platinum|
Shocking Facts About Rivera
- She attempts society twice due to her toxic marriage.
- She was raped off a California highway by a man whose advances she rejected. The same evening, before this incident, she filmed her music video for “LA Chacalosa.”
- Rivera’s sister Rosie and her eldest daughter Chiquis Rivera were also victims of repeated sexual molestation. They were molested by the singer’s ex-husband Jose Marin.
Jenni Rivera Funeral
- Jenni’s brother told the media that her remains were identified accurately. He further stated that he and his other brothers traveled to Monterrey to identify her body. There was an announcement that the funeral would be held in Los Angeles.
- While landing with her corpse at the airport, the fans offered their heartfelt condolences to her family. The event would be a public one. However, the ceremony was a private affair.
- She was buried as she did not want to be cremated. Jenni Rivera is resting at All Souls Cemetery in Long Beach, California.
- Jenni’s death has passed over a decade. Recent activity has left everyone, including us, in utter shock! Her instagram is reportedly active. Many wondered whether she was alive or not.
- One of her family members is surely managing her Insta handle. The social media is also updated with three recent posts. The actual reason is the release of her posthumous album.
Followers, Views & Subscribers
|Instagram Followers||2 Million Followers|
|YouTube Subscribers||3.73 Million Subscribers|
|Tiktok Followers||2.2 Million Followers|
|1.9 Million Followers|
|Facebook Followers||8.3 Million Followers|
|Views & Subscribers||1,108,356,154 views|
- She was a Mexican-American Singer who was bold. She gained popularity and became a star because of her albums like La Diva En Vivo. She was a businesswoman, a singer, and an activist. She died at 43 in a plane crash.
Jenni Rivera- FAQs
How fast was Jenni Rivera’s plane crash?
She, along with seven people, died in a plane crash. After takeoff, the aircraft dived toward the Earth at a very high speed that couldn’t be controlled and crashed. The aircraft was hovering at 600 miles per hour before it crashed.
When did Jenni Rivera die?
Jenni died on December 9, 2012, from a plane crash. The tragic incident occurred when she was travelling as per her working schedule. She died along with her six co-passengers.
How did Jenni Rivera die?
The Laserjet 25 on which Jenni was travelling lost the radar after 15 minutes after it departed from the airport. The plane’s remains and the passengers’ dismembered body parts were discovered at a site in Iturbide, Nuevo Leon.
How many kids did Jenni Rivera have?
Jenni has 5 children from her two marriages. She had three children, Chiquis, Jacqie, and Michael, from her first marriage. Johnny and Jenicka are the two children of Jenni and Juan Lopez, her second husband.
Who died with Jenni Rivera in the plane crash?
Jenni was on a concert tour with her 4 team members. On departing from the venue, she and her team members died in the flight accident. She died with her makeup artist, Jacobo Yebale; hairstylist Jorge Armando Sanchez Vasquez; Mario Macias Pacheco; her attorney and publicist, Arturo Rivera.
How many kids did Jenni Rivera have with Trino?
Rivera gave birth to her first child when she was 15. She married Jose shortly after that, in 1997. She later separated from him on account of emotional and physical abuse.
Why did Jenni Rivera leave Juan Lopez?
Jenni Rivera and Juan Lopez separated shortly after the death of her second child. They announced their divorce in 2007. They were married for ten years. The reason for their separation was her husband’s infidelity.
What happened to Fernie with Jenni Rivera?
Fernie came to the limelight after a romantic affair with Jenni Rivera. They never married each other. The relationship came to light after the demise of the actor. Even her family came to know about this relationship after Jenni’s death.
Where is Jenni Rivera buried?
Jenni Rivera is buried at All Souls Cemetery, Long Beach, California. On December 9, 2012, she died with her 4 team members in a plane crash.
Who plays Jenni Rivera on Netflix?
Angélica Celaya played the role of Jenni in the Netflix series. It is a biography series based on the life of Jenni Rivera. The series streamed on Netflix from January 1, 2021. The series is named Unbreakable: My Story My Way.
How old is Jenni Rivera?
At the time of death, Jenni was 43. She was born on July 2, 1969, to Rosa Saavedra and Don Pedro Rivera. Jenni was brought up in Long Beach, California.
Why did Juan Lopez and Jenni Rivera divorce?
Juan and Jenni divorced because of her husband’s infidelity. She married Juan in 1997. They had two children before they separated in 2003. Lopez died due to pneumonia while serving his prison tenure.
When is Jenni Rivera’s birthday?
If alive, Jenni would have celebrated her 55th birthday now. She was born on July 2, 1969. She died at the age of 43.
At what age did Jenni Rivera start singing?
She was catapulted to music in 1992 after recording a song for her father. She then continued to release her singing under the production of Capitol Latin Division. Her first album was “Somos Rivera”.
Where are Jenni Rivera’s parents from?
She was born on July 2, 1969, to Rosa Saavedra and Don Pedro Rivera. They both are from Mexico. They announced their separation when she was alive.
Who is Jenni Rivera?
Jenni Rivera was a reputed singer. She was especially famous for her Latin and regional music. In her music career, she has won several recognitions, like ‘best-selling Latin artist’ and the ‘top Latin Artist of 2013′.
How old is the sister of Jenni Rivera?
Rosie Rivera is the younger sister of Jenni. She is 41 years old. After the death of Jenni, Rosie manages all her sister’s wealth after she leaves the world.
When did Jenni Rivera divorce Esteban?
She married Esteban in 2010. Their marriage was short-lived, and they filed for divorce in 2012. The divorce remains incomplete because of Jenni’s untimely death.
How many songs did Jenni Rivera have in total?
The great Mexican singer has three compilation albums, 11 studio albums, 13 live albums, and 33 singles. As she died pretty early, her music career had a sudden downfall. A posthumous album was announced to be released in her honour.