Jose Trinidad Marin is the ex-husband of famous American celebrity, singer and songwriter Jenni Rivera. They got married in 1984; however, the marriage ended in 1992 as Jose started assaulting Jenni, his sister-in-law, and her children physically and mentally.
Quick Sneak Peek into the Life of Jose Trinidad Marin
- Name: Jose Trinidad Marin (also known as Trino Marin)
- Born: February 15 1964 (age 58 years)
- Birthplace: United States
- Nationality: Mexican-American
- Religion: Christianity
- Spouse: Jenni Reverie (1984-1992)
- Children: Chiqis Rivera, Jacqie Campos, Micheal Marin
- Profession: Restaurant Manager
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 74 kgs
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Jose Trinidad Marin was born in California, United States, on February 15 1964.
- Jose is a follower of Christ and strongly believes in Christianity.
- Jose is from Mexico; he has an American-Mexican passport. His parents raised him in Mexico before shifting permanently to the United States; however, there is no information about his parents or sibling on the internet.
- Jose is believed to be a very private person. At the age of 22, he started working as an administrative manager in an American-Mexican café before marrying Jenni Reverie.
- When Jose and Jenni started seeing each other, he was unemployed.
- Jose was hired as an administrative manager in an American-Mexican restaurant at the age of 22 and he started earning a decent amount.
- He is assumed to be having $2 million of net worth.
Relationship and marriage
- Jose Trinidad Marin and Jenni started seeing each other when they were in high school; at that time, Jenni was 15 years old.
- They got married in1984 after he proposed to her.
- Together, the couple has three kids, Chiquis Rivera, Michael Marin, and Jacqie Campos.
- Jenni got pregnant with her first daughter Chiquis at the age of 17 on June 26 1985, and a few years of their first child, the couple announced the arrival of their second daughter Jacqueline who was born on November 20, 1989. Their third child Michael was born in 1992.
- The marriage ended in 1992 as Jose mistreated Jenni and sexually assaulted his sister-in-law and daughters.
- After divorce, they both got in a big legal battle for the custody of their kids. The court announced the decision in favour of Rivera, and she got the custody of kids.
Trial and conviction
- Jose assaulted his daughters and sister-in-law Rosie, and this became public after the couple got divorced and Jose was taken in front of the court for the trials.
- In 2007 he was found guilty for about six to eight crimes, including several lascivious acts with minors, aggravated sexual assault and rape, and mistreating his wife, Jenni.
- During the interrogation process, it was also found that Jose even assaulted and sexually molested his staff in the restaurant, which was why he got fired from his job.
- In front of the court, Jose accepted all the accusations against him and said that he was ashamed of all the heinous and horrifying acts and getting what he deserved.
- Moreover, he also said that he would never talk or face his daughters directly because of that entire thing he has done to them.
- After finding Jose guilty, the court sentenced him to 31 years in prison.
Jose Marin’s Relation with His Daughters
- According to Chiquis, the eldest daughter of Jose and Jenni, her father sexually assaulted her several times between 8 to 12 years of age.
- Recalling one such incident during an interview, she said,” I first remember it happening when I was eight years old. My aunt, I believe, was cooking fish soup, and we were all buried in sand, so my father told me to take a shower. He came inside the bathroom while I was nude and put me on his lap. I knew that it pained me at the time, but I didn’t know why, and I was perplexed. Afterwards, he told me not to say anything, which is why I never did. He said he was going to send me to my grandmother’s home, his mother’s, and that I wouldn’t see my mum.”
- After 20 years, Chiquis says that she has forgiven her father. She said,” I believe that something occurred to him; I am not excusing him; what he did was wrong, but I think that he required or needed treatment.
- In 2017 Jacquie Campos, his younger daughter went to meet him in jail, and she even posted a picture of himself along with her father pleading with people, especially her aunt, to forgive him and give him a second chance in life.
Trinidad’s Wife, Jeeni Rivirea
Jose Trinidad Marin was married to famous American singer Jenni Riviera. He met Jenni when they were both teenagers in high school, and further got married in 1984 and had three children: Chiquis, Jacquie and Michael Rivera, but later got divorced in 1992. Jenni died in plane crash on 9th December 2012. The plane was business flight carrying seven passengers including Jenni and none of them survived. Jenni was just 43 years old at the time of her death.
Facts about Jose Trinidad Marin
- Jose Trinidad Marin’s nickname is Trino Marin.
- Currently he is in jail completing his 31 years of Imprisonment.
- Trino has a brother but his name is not disclosed yet.
- His wife, Jenni Rivera’s plane crashed and she died in 2012.
- He fell in love with Jenni Rivera when she was only 15 years old.
Jose Trinidad- FAQs
Is Jose Trinidad Marin married?
Trinidad married American singer, songwriter, actor and celebrity Jenni Reverie, his high school sweetheart, in 1984. Still, the couple got separated in 1992 after Jose started mistreating Jenni and sexually assaulted his daughters and sister-in-law.
Who is Trinidad Marin’s mother?
Talking about Trinidad’s family, nothing is known about his parents, neither mother nor father.
Where is José Trinidad Marin now?
Jose Trinidad Martin is serving an extensive sentence, and it is estimated that he will be 74 when he is released from jail. In 2007, a judge convicted Jose Trinidad Marin and was sentenced to 31 years in prison for having abused his two daughters and sister-in-law.
From where does Trinidad belong to?
Trinidad was born in California, US but his parents bought him up in Mexico. His nationality is Mexican-American, and he has a passport about the same too.
How old is José Trinidad Marin?
Jose Trinidad Marin was born on February 15 1964, so he is 58 years old.
Who was Trinidad’s Lawyer?
Richard Pollard was Trinidad’s lawyer when he was under trial.
Is José Trinidad Marín guilty?
Yes, Jose was found guilty in court for sexually assaulting his daughter and sister-in-law.