Joshua Bassett is also known as Joshua Taylor Bassett. he was Born in 2000, his age is 22 years old and his height is 5 feet 11 inches. He has a net worth of $ 1.5 Million. From his relationship with the Disney drama’s co-star Olivia Rodrigo to his breakdown, from the backlash to the near-death experience after the release of “Dramas License”. With the release of his stand-alone songs, he urged his fans to not spread hatred and sultry millennial star: The Musical as Ricky Bowen. Besides acting, he is also known for his songwriting and singing skills. After he rose to fame, he has been linked to several of her female co-stars, including Olivia Rodrigo.
|Birth name||Joshua Taylor Bassett|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 2000|
|Place of Birth||Oceanside, California|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Songwriter|
|Ex Girlfriend||Olivia Rodrigo|
|Albums||Best of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Debut||TV Series: Lethal Weapon (2017)Music Video: I Think I Kinda, You Know (2019)Film: Limbo (2021)|
|Famous Role||Ricky Bowen in TV Series High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (2019)|
|School/High School||Local High School in Oceanside, California, United States|
|Education Qualification||High School|
Joshua Bassett Age and Height
Fans cannot ignore their curiosity to get more insight about their star man. He is 22 years old. The height of Joshua Bassett is pretty impressive! And the young man is 5 feet 11 inches.
|Height||5 feet 11 inch|
|Weight||154 lbs (70 Kg)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
Early Life and Family
- He was born to his parents Taylor and Laura in Oceanside, California.
- He was raised along with his five sisters and was home-schooled.
- At the age of seven, he was introduced to musical theatres.
- Since then, he worked on more than 30 music albums, singles, and videos.
- He has also acted in several plays, TV series, and Movies.
- The American actor and singer, Joshua Bassett is well known for portraying the role of Ricky Bowen in the High School musical drama series Disney titled ‘High School Musical as an Artist: The Musical: The Series.
|Father Name||Taylor Bassett|
|Mother Name||Laura Bassett|
|Sister Name||Ashley Bassett|
- Joshua Bassett, at the age of 17, was first seen in the role of Ricky Bowen in Disney’s musical drama High School Musial: The Musical: The Series.
- He played his first major role as Aiden Peters in the TV series Stuck in the Middle in
- He also worked on co-writing “Just for a Moment” with his co-star Olivia Rodrigo in the series Soundtrack.
- Bassett signed contracts with United Talent Agency and Warner Records.
- Bassett in April 2020, released his first stand-alone music “Common Sense” on various musical platforms. While his second single was released in July 2020.
- His self-titled debut EP was released in March 2021 alongside his lead stand-alone “Lie Lie Lie” in January 2021.
- By the end of 2021, Bassett’s songs trio “Set Me Free”, “Secret” and “Crisis” came out.
Personal Life and Relationships
- He is great at playing the guitar, piano, drums, bass, and ukulele.
- In May 2021 in an interview, Joshua Bassett came out as an LGBTQ community member. He says “I’m glad that it’s taken this long” when asked about why he didn’t open up before.
- In January 2021, he was hospitalized after a septic shock and heart failure, doctors informed him that he had a 30% survival chance.
- Bassett in Dec 2021 opened up about the sexual abuse he had faced during his childhood and teenage days.
About the Sexual Abuse Past
He frankly speaks about the sexual abuse that he faced in his childhood. He said in an interview that he buried all that happened in the past. He said that when he was a teen, he was continuously abused by a much older man. He told he can not figure it out at that time. He was in pure shock. However, he talked about his abuser he does not publicly announce his name.
He has always been involved in different plays, music singles, etc. Some of his best singles include:
Joshua Bassett also acted in several TV series and movies, these include:
- Lethal Weapon, released in 2021
- Game Shakers, Dirty John and Stuck in the Middle came out in 2018.
- Grey’s Anatomy was released in 2019, also High School Musical: The Musical: The Series was released in the same year and is still running.
- In 20202, Nickelodean’s Unfiltered came out.
- His movie “Better Nate than Ever” was also released in 2022.
He spoke about his sexuality
- In an interview, he declared that he is gay. He took the help of social media to clarify his identity. In an Instagram post, he said that all his life people have talked about his sexuality. They usually pas comment on Joshua’s sexuality. He said, “ People make me feel ashamed of my sexuality.”
- However, he also appreciates those who have given him love and wholeheartedly accepts it. In the same post, he says life is too short for hatred. So, he chooses love over hatred. This show that he has a positive approach toward life.
Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo
- Olvia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett were first introduced to each other on the sets of High School Musical: The Musical. Since then, they have attended multiple events together. The duo performed at the Disney D23 Expo together.
- They again performed together in the Central Park of New York City. The couple was also seen in the People Now and the premiere of HSM.
- In early 2020, they discussed songwriting together when Tim Federle approached them.
- Things started falling apart when Sabrina Carpenter entered Joshua’s life as they attended the Black Lives Matter protest together. Even Rodrigo’s song “Driver’s License” was linked to the scenario.
- Olivia and Joshua remained silent on the matter.
About His Diseases
- For 9 days he fought a battle with his life in the hospital after having septic shock and heart failure. Right after that, “Lie, Lie Lie” was released in 2021.
When Sabrina Carpenter and Joshua Bassett made Headlines
Over the past few years, Sabrina carpenter and Joshua Bassett made headlines. The reason was a rumoured romance between them. Those rumours get strong when Bassett’s costar Olivia Rodrigo released her album “Driver’s License”. After hearing this song the fans guessed that this song is about Joshua and Sabrina’s relationship. As Oliva mentioned in the second paragraph of the song- “And you are probably with that blonde girl, who always made me doubt, she’s so much older than me.
There are facts given on entertainment that show that he believes in charity work and donations. In the past donate his profit to charity. For e.g, the Merch is sold to earn profit. These profits are used for charity work. His aim is to provide resources to young feminists so they can make their voices heard in matters of social justice. His organization helps young people feel comfortable while discussing their mental health and always receive the help they need.
Awards and Nominations
Bassett has got nominations for the Kids’ Choice Award in 2020 and 2021 in the category Favorite Male TV Star for his work in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
The chemistry between Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo and “Doppelganger”
“I saw someone who looked like you at our favourite coffee shop/ And part of me was hoping we would get the chance to talk.” He continues, “I guess I’m not as over you as I thought/ And I thought I was.”
- His new song “Doppelganger” surfaces the chemistry he and Olivia Rodrigo shared before separation.
- It portrays how Joshua Bassett longs for his love and how he sees her lookalike in the public.
- “Doppelganger” puts forward the feelings Bassett’s relationship with Olivia Rodrigo has left him with.
Joshua Bassett’s name is linked with Sabrina Carpenter
- Sabrina Carpenter is another chapter in the life of Joshua that is yet to be opened.
- The relationship between the two is still a secret, however, they were first seen together in June 2020.
- There are also no social media posts that confirm their relationship.
- It can be noticed that after the release of his debut EP, Sabrina praised his music and his talent on social media.
- She also quoted that “Heaven is You” is her favourite and after this statement speculations have been high about their affair.
Joshua Bassett Girlfriend
- With the growing fame, people started taking a sneak peek into the love interest of Joshua Bassett. He was linked to his High School Musical co-star, Olivia Rodrigo.
- In July 2020, a romance rumour sparked about Sabrina and Joshua.
- One of their fans claimed that the duo had been spotted together in LA participating in the protest of Black Lives Matter.
- A Twitterati again claimed that she had seen Joshua kissing on the forehead of Sabrina. They were also spotted having lunch with Joshua’s sister.
- The romance rumour was fuelled after the release of “Driver’s License.” There was speculation of a love triangle. In October 2021, they were again spotted together in the event of Harry Styles.
- He spoke about his relationship status in December 2021, stating that an affair is a responsibility, and he wonders whether he is prepared for it.
Joshua Bassett Net Worth
Joshua Bassett’s net worth is $1.5 Million in 2022. He is paid between $6,000 and $8,000 per episode for his lead role in the High School Musical series. He also earns a decent amount of money from his singing career as his songs on YouTube have gained thousands of views, earning him a huge amount of money.
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
Social Media Handles
Social media handles
|Instagram Followers||2.6 Million Followers|
|YouTube Subscribers||531K Subscribers|
|Tiktok Followers||3.1 Million Followers|
|Facebook Followers||270 Followers|
|Views & Subscribers||90,004,417 views|
Over 22 years old Joshua Bassett is a star in the making. He has won our hearts with his voice and acting. Disney launched this talent to the world with their series of HSM. The $ 1.5 million net worth star was also linked with a couple of his fellow celebrities on the romantic front. You can spot it in his upcoming concert tour scheduled in 2023.
Joshua Bassett’s age and height?
His height of Bassett is 5 feet and 11 inches, which is six inches more than his ex-Olivia. His age is 21.
Are Joshua Bassett and Sabrina still together?
Joshua and Sabrina have worked together in a musical single, however, they have not opened up about their relationship.
Who is Joshua Bassett’s ex?
There are all kinds of rumours going on in the media that Olivia Rodrigo is the ex of Joshua Bassett. They have never confirmed that they are dating each other.
What is Joshua Bassett known for?
He is an American actor, songwriter, and singer. He is best known for his pushing role as Ricky Bowen in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. Oceanside, California, USA.
Does Joshua Bassett have a girlfriend?
It is currently unclear now. Because there are many rumours about his relationship with Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter. However, from Joshua’s side, it is not clear yet. Once he spoke that he is gay.
What is Joshua Bassett’s Snapchat?
His Snapchat is @joshuatbassett.
Is Joshua Bassett rich?
You can guess his net worth. He has a net worth of $1.5 million US as of 2022. Now, you can assume whether he is rich or not.
How old is Joshua Bassett?
He was born on December 22, 2000. Joshua is 22 years old now. His introduction to the world of musical theatre happened at 7.
Who is Joshua Bassett dating?
Though Joshua never confirmed his relationship status, he was first rumoured to share an intense bonding with his co-star Olivia Rodrigo. Joshua then got involved in a speculated love triangle with Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter. However, he was never vocal about any of it.
How tall is Joshua Bassett?
Joshua has an impressive height of 5 feet 11 inches. His description of the eye and the hair are hazel and dark brown, respectively. He weighs 154 lbs (70 kg).
Who is Joshua Bassett?
Joshua Bassett is a singer, actor, and songwriter. He became a star after playing the role of Ricky Bowen in the Disney+ series HSM. At the beginning of 202, he signed a contract with Warner Records and United Talent Agency.
Who is Joshua Bassett dating now?
He has always been clear about the fact that he is single. But his fans have been in denial regarding the truth. They have spotted their favourite star several times with celebrities like Sabrina Carpenter and Olivia Rodrigo.
What song did Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo write?
After much speculation about “Driver’s License,” their fans have wondered that Joshua must have also written songs about her. According to them, the ‘Common Sense’ and ‘Anyone Else’ is both dedicated to Olivia, but he never confirmed it.
Why is Joshua Bassett in the hospital?
He was hospitalized due to septic shock and heart failure. He had an ugly sleeping regime following the release of “Lie lie lie.” He even felt that he could not sleep more than 30 seconds a day, and his heart was racing faster than usual before getting hospitalized.
When did Joshua Bassett write lie lie lie?
The song was released a week after Olivia’s “Driver License.” The music speaks about a deceitful friend who has been lying behind a friend for a long time. We remain curious about who this friend is.
Where does Joshua Bassett live?
Joshua was born in Oceanside, California.
When will the Joshua Bassett album come out?
His much-awaited solo album Complicated is scheduled to be released shortly. The album will be released through Warner Bros. The album is assumed to follow Sad Songs in a Hotel Room.
In what episode can we see Joshua Bassett in Grey’s Anatomy?
In 2019, he appeared in a couple of episodes of Grey’s Anatomy. He played the role of Linus, a teenager, and a recovering drug addict. The character was rushed to the hospital (Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital) along with his girlfriend, Betty, after a drug overdose.