American actress and singer, Kristy McNichol is best known for her acting in the movies Little Darlings, Only When I Laugh and in the TV show titled Empty Nest. Kristy also won the Emmy Awards for her character of Letitia Buddy Lawrence in the show Family.
Kristy Mcnichol’s Overview
- Birth Name: Christina Ann McNichol
- Age: 59
- Date of Birth: September 11, 1962
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actress, Singer and Comedian
- Net Worth: $4 Million
- Father: James McNichol
- Mother: Carolyn McNichol
- Siblings: Jimmy McNichol, Thomas McNichol, Jennifer Lucas
- Spouse: Martie Allen
- Children: Not Known
- Height: 5 ft 3 in
- Weight: 53 kg
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Light Brown
Early Life, Education and Family (Parents and Siblings)
- Kristy McNichol was born to James and Carolyn in September 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
- Her father James was a carpenter while her mother did odd jobs for the survival of her family.
- Kristy is a Scottish/Irish descent from her father’s side while a Lebanese descent from her mother’s side.
- Her parents got divorced when she was just 3 years old.
- Nothing is known about her education.
- In 1990s, Kristy McNichol was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and struggled with it throughout 1990s.
- During an interview in 2012, she turned out to be a lesbian and that she has been living with her female partner Martie Allen since 1990s.
- In 1973, Kristy made her acting debut with the TV series Love, American Style and played the role of Steffi. She was just 11 at the time.
- The next year, she portrayed the lead role of Patrica Apple in the series Apple’s Way.
- After this, she made the guest appearance in the series ABC Afterschool Special, Sara and The Bionic Women.
- She landed her first major role in the family drama titled Family in the year 1976, in the series she played the character of Letitia Buddy Lawrence. The series was a success and ran for five seasons.
- The acting of Kristy received international appreciation, she was also awarded Primetime Emmy Awards and also got a nomination in the Golden Globe Awards.
- In 1977, her debut movie was set to be released, however, the scenes were cut off from the movie.
- Eventually, The End became her debut movie which was released in 1978.
- In 1980, she played her first lead character in the movie titled Little Darlings.
- In 1981, Kristy played a role in the movie Only When I Laugh. She was nominated in the Golden Globe Awards for her performance.
- In 1982, her next movie White Dog was released in which she played the character of a struggling actor.
- In the same year, another movie featuring Kristy was released, the title of the movie was The Pirate Movie.
- In 1984, she acted in the movie Just The Way You Are, however, the shooting stopped due to her mental health issues.
- From late 1980s to early 1990s, Kristy Mcnichol acted in the movies Dream Lover, Two Moon Junction and Baby of the Bride.
- She also appeared in the episodes of TV series Empty Nest and Invasion America and according to schlüsseldienst berlin lichtenberg these films have become better since her appearance.
- She also gave her voice in the movie Aladdin and The Magic Lamp which was released in 1982.
- In 1993, she co-produced the television movie Mother of the Bride and also worked as an assistant producer in the movie Dirth Tennis.
- She also contributed to the soundtracks of the movie The Pirate Movie, The Night The Light Went Out in Georgia and Only When I Laugh.
- Kristy took retirement from her acting career in 2001.
|1978||Like Mom, Like Me|
|1978||Summer of My German Soldier|
|1979||My Old Man|
|1980||Blinded by the Light|
|1981||The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia|
|1981||Only When I Laugh|
|1982||The Pirate Movie|
|1982||Aladdin and the Magic Lamp|
|1984||Just the Way You Are|
|1986||Women of Valor|
|1988||You Can’t Hurry Love|
|1988||Two Moon Junction|
|1989||The Forgotten One|
|1990||Children of the Bride|
|1991||Baby of the Bride|
|1993||Mother of the Bride|
|1973||Love, American Style|
|1975||ABC Afterschool Special|
|1976||ABC Afterschool Special|
|1976||Starsky & Hutch|
|1976||The Bionic Woam|
|1976||Starsky & Hutch|
|1977||The Love Boat|
|1977||ABC Afterschool Special|
|1978||Starsky & Hutch|
|1988||Murder, She Wrote|
|1991-1992||The Golden Girls|
Awards and Nomination
- 1977- Emmy
- 1979- Emmy
- 1980- People’s Choice Award
- 1982- Young Artist Award
- 1978- Emmy
- 1979- Golden Globe
- 1980- Emmy
- 1980- Young Artist Award
- 1981- Young Artist Award
- 1982- Golden Globe
Kristy McNichol is not an active user of social media platforms, however, you can find several fan pages on different social channels.
The veteran actress has an estimated net worth of $4 Million.
Kristy Mcnichol- FAQs
What does Kristy McNichol do for a living?
Kristy earns a luxurious living from her acting, singing and voice over skills. She has been in the field since a young age.
What is Kristy Mcnichol’s net worth?
The American actor and singer has an estimated net worth of about $4 Million.
Is Kristy McNichol in a relationship?
Kristy Mcnichol has been in a relationship with her female partner Martie Allen since 1990s.
Is Kristy McNichol married Martie Allen?
The couple has been in a relation ship since 1990s and the duo decided to tie the knot after a few years of dating.
How old is Kristy Nichols?
The American actress, singer and comedian is currently 59 years old.
Why did Kristy McNichol leave Empty Nest?
She quit the series Empty Nest after being diagnosed with the bipolar disorder in 1990s.
Does Kristy Mcnichol have any siblings?
Kristy has three siblings, namely, Jimmy McNichol, Thomas McNichol, Jennifer Lucas.