Kristy Mcnichol is a former actress who has a net worth of $13 million. She played the role of Buddy in the Family series. Do you know that in her entire career, she has won two Emmys for her character of Letitia Buddy Lawrence in the show Family, The actress announced her retirement from entertainment in 2001. she is best known for her acting as an Artist in the movies Little Darlings, Only When I Laugh, and in the TV show titled Empty Nest.
|Birth Name||Christina Ann McNichol|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1962|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
|Current Girlfriend of Kristy McNichol||Martie Allen|
|Siblings||Jimmy McNichol, Jennifer Lucas, Thomas McNichol|
|Awards||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding, Supporting Actress in a Drama Series|
|Parents||Carolyn McNichol Lucas, Jim McNichol, James McNichol|
|Relationship status||Dating (Since the 1990s )|
|Sexuality Gay||Gay (Lesbian)|
Kristy Mcnichol Age and Height
|Height||5 feet 3 in|
|Weight||110lbs (56 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
On September 11, 1962, Mark Tarlov and Rudy Roberts welcomed Jessica into the world. Presently she is 60 years old. She is 53 kilograms and 5 feet 3 inches tall and has the ideal physical measurements is 36-25-36.
Early Life and Education (Parents and Siblings)
Also, Read: Adam Sandler Outfits, Wife, Net Worth, Age, Height, Family
- She was born to James and Carolyn in September 1962 in Los Angeles, California. Her father James was a carpenter while her mother did odd jobs for the survival of her family.
- Kristy is of Scottish/Irish descent from her father’s side while of Lebanese descent from her mother’s side. Her parents got divorced when she was just 3 years old. Nothing is known about her education.
- In the 1990s, She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and struggled with it throughout the 1990s.
- During an interview in 2012, she turned out to be a lesbian and that she has been living with her female partner Martie Allen since the 1990s.
- In 1973, Kristy made her acting debut with the TV series Love, American Style, and played the role of Steffi. She was just 11 at the time.
- The next year, she portrayed the lead role of Patrica Apple in the series Apple’s Way.
- After this, she made a guest appearance in the series ABC Afterschool Special, Sara and The Bionic Women.
- She landed her first major role in the family drama titled Family in the year 1976, in the series she played the character of Letitia Buddy Lawrence. The series was a success and ran for five seasons.
- The acting Kristy received international appreciation, she was also awarded Primetime Emmy Awards and also got a nomination for the Golden Globe Awards.
- In 1977, her debut movie was set to be released, however, the scenes were cut off from the movie.
- Eventually, The End became her debut movie which was released in 1978.
- In 1980, she played her first lead character in the movie titled Little Darlings.
- In 1981, Kristy played a role in the movie Only When I Laugh. She was nominated for the Golden Globe Awards for her performance.
- In 1982, her next movie White Dog was released in which she played the character of a struggling actor.
- In the same year, another movie featuring Kristy was released, the title of the movie was The Pirate Movie.
- In 1984, she acted in the movie Just The Way You Are, however, the shooting stopped due to her mental health issues.
- From the late 1980s to the early 1990s, Kristy Mcnichol acted in the movies Dream Lover, Two Moon Junction, and Baby of the Bride.
- She also appeared in the episodes of the TV series Empty Nest and Invasion America and according to these films have become better since her appearance.
- She also gave her voice in the movie Aladdin and The Magic Lamp which was released in 1982.
- In 1993, she co-produced the television movie Mother of the Bride and also worked as an assistant producer in the movie Dirth Tennis.
- She also contributed to the soundtracks of the movie The Pirate Movie, The Night The Light Went Out in Georgia, and Only When I Laugh.
- Kristy took retirement from her acting career in 2001.
Kristy Mcnichol Brother
- She has an older brother. Jimmy McNichol, the elder one, was a child actor and a teenage idol. He recorded an album with his sister, and then they both hosted the youth show. Jimmy was then cast in various leading roles.
Kristy Mcnichol Martie Allen
- Martie Allen and Kristy Mcnichol Today are not legally married. However, they are long-term partners. They confessed their feelings to each in the 90s; they kept it a secret until 2012. Kristy did not even care to address the speculation about her gay preference before that year.
- She exposed her sexual preference to the world because, as per her publicist Jeff, she was often upset about bullied kids for choosing partners of their same sex. Talking about their relationship, the love birds enjoy a blissful and serene life holidaying and doing other diverse activities.
Kristy Mcnichol Movies and TV Shows
Also, Read: Hamish Linklater Movies and TV Shows, Net Worth, Height, Lily Rabe
|1978||The End, Like Mom, Like Me, Summer of My German Soldier|
|1979||My Old Man|
|1980||Little Darlings, Blinded by the Light|
|1981||The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia, Only When I Laugh|
|1982||White Dog, The Pirate Movie, Aladdin and the Magic Lamp|
|1984||Just the Way You Are|
|1986||Dream Lover, Women of Valor|
|1988||You Can’t Hurry Love, Two Moon Junction|
|1989||The Forgotten One|
|1990||Children of the Bride|
|1991||Baby of the Bride|
|1993||Mother of the Bride|
Kristy Mcnichol Partner and Husband
- It is believed that Kristy had a tumultuous separation from her partner Elisabeth Brooks. Her perseverance faded the injuries of her.
- Kristy’s personal preference came to light after she retired from Hollywood. The actress revealed her sexual preference as gay. In 2012, she shared a photo of her and her partner Martie Allen with the renowned media People.
- After making the relationship public, the lesbian couple has already lived in the relationship for around two decades. The Emmy winner also shared how the pair enjoy their time travelling, playing sports, doing exercise, etc.
- Furthermore, the couple is also proud parents to a dachshund. After announcing th3 relationship, the happy pair prefers to keep all updates private.
Kristy Mcnichol Wife(spouse)
- There is no legal record of Kristy McNichol marrying Martie Allen. However, the two partners have been staying with each other since 1991. They are still now maintaining a solid relationship.
- Like Kristy, Martie was also a TV personality, teacher, and LGBT activist. Martie (63) is three years older than her partner Kristy who is 60 years now. Their age and sexuality had not been a factor in their relationship from the beginning until now.
|1973||Love, American Style|
|1975||ABC Afterschool Special|
|1976||ABC Afterschool Special, Starsky & Hutch, Sara, The Bionic Woman, Starsky & Hutch|
|1977||The Love Boat, ABC Afterschool Special|
|1978||Starsky & Hutch|
|1988||Murder, She Wrote|
|1991-1992||The Golden Girls|
Kristy McNichol Today
- Her powerful acting has won the hearts of many. Thus, she got herself a huge fan following. Since her retirement, her fans of Kristy have always wondered about her current updates.
- She spent a certain amount of time teaching in acting school and most of the time doing charitable work.
Awards and Nomination
|1980||People’s Choice Award|
|1982||Young Artist Award|
|1980||Young Artist Award|
|1981||Young Artist Award|
- She is not an active user of social media platforms, however, you can find several fan pages on different social channels.
Kristy Mcnichol’s Net worth
- Kristy acted in more than 35 films. So her award-winning performance made her one of the leading actresses in Hollywood. The 60-year-old star Kristy Mcnichol Net Worth of $13 million in 2023, She is a notable actor for her out-of-the-world performances.
|Net Worth||$13 million|
Also, Read: Kyla Pratt Net Worth, Age, Husband, Kids, Movies and TV Shows
Kristy McNichol is a former Hollywood actress. She became an iconic figure after playing the role of Letitia Lawrence in the ABC TV drama Family. The portrayal of this character also won her two Emmys. Kristy retired from acting and has been living with her partner Martie Allen since 1991.
Kristy Mcnichol- FAQs
What does Kristy McNichol do for a living?
Kristy earns a luxurious living from her acting, singing, and voice-over skills. She has been in the field since a young age.
What is Kristy Mcnichol’s net worth?
The American actor and singer have an estimated net worth of about $113 Million.
Is Kristy McNichol in a relationship?
Kristy Mcnichol has been in a relationship with her female partner Martie Allen since the 1990s.
Is Kristy McNichol married to Martie Allen?
The couple has been in a relationship since the 1990s and the duo decided to tie the knot after a few years of dating.
How old is Kristy Nichols?
The American actress, singer, and comedian is currently 60 years old.
Why did Kristy McNichol leave Empty Nest?
She quit the series Empty Nest after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder in the 1990s.
Does Kristy Mcnichol have any siblings?
Kristy has three siblings, namely, Jimmy McNichol, Thomas McNichol, and Jennifer Lucas.
Who is Kristy McNichol married to?
She is not married. She has lived with her long-time partner, Martie Allen, since 1991. The actress revealed her sexual preference after hiding for over two decades.
What happened to Kristy McNichol?
Kristy faced backlash from her fans when speculation sparked about her being gay. She remained quiet and did not react even a little to it until 2012
Who is Kristy McNichol?
She is a retired American actress. Her notable works include the portrayal of a teenage daughter in Family. She is also known for Only When I Laugh, Empty Nest, and Little Darlings.
Who is actress Kristy McNichol married to?
Kristy is not officially married to her partner Martie Allen, another former TV actress, and activist. The pair leads a happy and serene life away from the limelight.
How tall is Kristy McNichol?
The Emmy-winning actress stands at 5 feet 3 inches. Her weight is in perfect coordination with her body. She weight 110 lbs (53 kg)! Kristy’s black eyes and dark brown hair complement her shape and height.
Where is Kristy McNichol now?
After she retired from acting, she has been engaged in various professions, including teaching in an acting school in Los Angeles and spending much time doing charitable activities.
How old is Kristy McNichol?
McNichol was born on September 11, 1960. She is currently 60 years old. She retired from acting in 2001 to explore her inner self. The actress began her career as a child artist in commercials.