Mary Austin was the dream lady of an extensive UK celebrity. The tall lady of 1.7 m grew up in a typical struggling London family. The lady has a Net Worth of a whopping $ 115 million. In her youth, she had been linked with several romantic affairs, known as the ex-girlfriend of the Late British rock star Freddie Mercury. However, the most significant was with Freddie Mercury. Mary remained with him holding his hand till his last breath. She had two children, Richard and Jamie, with her first husband, Piers Cameron.
|Birth Name||Mary Austin|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1951|
|Place of Birth||Fulham, London, England|
|Net Worth||Between $115 and $150 million|
|Spouse/Ex-:||Nicholas Holford (M. 1998 – 2002), Piers Cameron (M. 1990 – Div. 1993)|
Mary Austin Age and Height
- She has blue eyes and blonde hair, and her Height is 5 feet 7 inches. She weighed 62 and was a beautiful woman of her era. Her beauty did not even fail to impress the celebrities of Great Britain.
|Height||5 Feet 7 inches|
Also, Read: Suzette Quintanilla Net Worth, Husband, Kids, Age,Height, Pictures
- She was born in Fulham, London, England, on March 6, 1951. Austin was brought up in a lower-middle working-class home in West London.
- Her father was a hand trimmer for a wallpaper specialist, and her mother was a maid.
- Both her parents were deaf, and due to all such difficult circumstances, Mary had to quit school at the age of 15.
- She took the job of receptionist, making a better earning for herself and her family.
- She has worked hard since her teenage.
- I lost somebody who I thought was my eternal love. When he died I felt we’d had a marriage. We’d lived our vows.
- We’d done it for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. You could never have let go of Freddie unless he died – and even then it was difficult.
- She has inspired the late rock star’s personal and professional life. Although the duo broke up together, they still took care of Mercury during his last days when he was dying from aids.
Career and Profession
- Mary started her career at the age of 16 by working as a receptionist.
- Soon after this job, Mary got a chance to work at Biba.
- Biba was a fascinating and fashionable place to work as the customers included some of the biggest celebrities.
- Mary, as a woman, struggled throughout her life, but she never gave up.
- She always said that she wouldn’t bе ѕuссеѕѕful аt what she wаѕ dоіng, but іt wаѕ Frеddіе whо ѕuрроrtеd her throughout and made her rеасh the lеvеl.
- She is always remembered as the true love of Freddie Mercury.
- She got married twice, but both marriages did not last.
- She currently lives wіth hеr twо сhіldrеn ѕhе hаd wіth her first husband, Ріеrѕ Саmеrоn.
- Austin lives a private life in Garden Lodge, the mansion she inherited from Mercury when he died at 45 in 1991.
- Mary did not have any children with her second husband, Nicholas Holford.
Mary Austin Freddie Mercury
- Mary met Freddie through her ex-boyfriend Brian May when he was starting a band, and he introduced her to the bar and Freddie Mercury group’s lead singer.
- Freddie got attracted to Mary then and there only soon after they started dating and moved in together in an apartment from 1970 to 1976.
- Their relationship ended when Mercury opened up about his sexuality, that he was bisexual.
- The very famous song ‘Love of my life was written for Mary Austin
- However, they remained close friends, and Mercury wrote love songs about Austin.
- The biographical film on Mercury’s life named Bohemian Rhapsody has details about the couple’s relationship.
- The couple was like the epitome of young love and happiness to their friends and fans.
- Mercury proposed to Austin in 1973, and that particular scene was also created in the film.
- Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS in 1987, and during that time, Austin was one of the people who took care of him.
- Freddie Mercury and Mary Austin were very close to each other. They had always shared a profound bond of mutual love and respect. Once, Freddie mentioned that no girl could take the place of Mary in his life. At some point in their relationship, Freddie proposed to her for marriage.
- She also gave almost half his £ 75 million estate to her, including the lavish Georgian Mansion in Kensington. They remained as good friends after their breakup as romantic partners.
When did Mary Austin and Freddie Mercury call it quits?
- Although there had been some speculation over Freddie’s sexual orientation, his sexuality was not really questioned for a while due to Mary’s frequent presence.
- In 1973, he proposed to her and wrote a song called “Love of My Life” in her honor. “I was speechless,” Mary said.
- I distinctly recall thinking, “I don’t comprehend what’s happening.” I had no idea what to anticipate. But Freddie found that he was drawn to males and began having affairs.
- In 1976, he allegedly revealed to her that he was bisexual. “I’ll never forget that moment,” Mary subsequently remarked.
- No, Freddie, I don’t think you are bisexual, I recalled telling him. I believe you to be homosexual. She immediately moved into a neighboring flat after their quick breakup, and Freddie soon began throwing crazy parties.
- Mary stayed close, nevertheless, and she even worked for his management firm.
Also, Read: Bella Poarch Net Worth, Age, Height, Hot Tattoo, Boyfriend
- Mercury’s death was the biggest tragedy of Austin’s life as he was his everything.
- When he died, Austin said,” I lost my family when Freddie died. She was everything to me, apart from my sons. He was like no one I had met before.“
- Mercury always referred to Austin as his common-law wife, and upon his death, She left his 28-room house and half his $75 million fortune for Mary.
- Mercury also asked Austin to bury his ashes in a secret location.
- Over this, Austin said,” He didn’t want anyone trying to dig him up as has happened to some famous people. Fans can be deeply obsessive. She wanted it to remain a secret, and it will stay so,”
Mary Austin Children
- After her breakup with Freddie, she married the painter, Piers Cameron. She had two sons with him. The marriage did not last long, as they broke up after three years.
- She did not have kids from her second marriage. Though she had a long-term relationship with Freddie, she had no kids with him. Freddie became the godfather to Richard, her elder kid.
- Mary manages the Mercury Phoenix Trust, a charity organization that fights HIV/AIDS worldwide.
- After Mercury’s death from AIDS, the band members and Mary decided to launch this organization.
- The current Trustees of the organization are Brian May, Roger Taylor, Jim Beach, and Mary Austin.
Facts about Mary Austin
- She never married Mercury Freddie, but she was known as his common-law wife.
- She was the one who got Freddie’s inheritance.
- Freddie Mercury was like Godfather to Austin’s son from her husband.
- Mary is the only person who knows about the resting place of Freddie.
- She currently lives in a house that she got from Freddie’s inheritance.
Social Media Handle
Mary Austin Now 2020
- She has inherited 50% of Freddie’s estate. She stays in the One Garden Lodge Mansion. Besides Mary, the 28 rooms grand mansion is home to multiple Freddie cats.
- Mary has always claimed that Freddie was her world, in addition to her two sons. She celebrated her 71st birthday in 2021. Lately, Austin has been leading a secret life away from the cameras.
Mary Austin Net Worth
- Mary Austin Net Worth is $ 115 million. She inherited more than $ 50 million of Freddie’s assets. She also earned it from her songwriting and production.
|Net Worth||Between $115 and $150 million|
Funeral Mary Austin Today
- Freddie died on November 24, 1991, due to bronchial pneumonia. She was diagnosed with AIDS in the late 80s. His funeral was a private affair.
- Prior to his death, She left half of his million-value assets to his long-term love, Mary Austin gifted his grand mansion in Kensington to his beloved Austin.
- Their love was so intense that till his last breath, Mary was by his bedside. Freddie died holding the hands of Mary.
Also, Read: Heather Rae Young Net worth, Age, Height, Playboy, Wedding, Wiki
Mary Austin- FAQs
What happened to Freddie Mercury’s wife?
Freddie Mercury never got married, but he referred to Mary Austin as his common-law wife.
Where is Mary Austin now?
She has inherited 50% of Freddie’s estate. She stays in the One Garden Lodge Mansion. Besides Mary, the 28 rooms grand mansion is home to multiple Freddie cats. Lately, Austin has been leading a secret life away from the cameras.
How old is Mary Austin now?
she was born on March 6, 1951. She celebrated her 71st birthday in 2021. Her present age is 71.
How much is Mary Austin worth?
The net worth of Mary Austin is $ 115 million. She inherited more than $ 50 million of Freddie’s assets. She also earned it from her songwriting and production. Freddie also gave her almost half his £ 75 million estate, including the lavish Georgian Mansion in Kensington.
Who played Mary Austin in Bohemian Rhapsody?
Lucy Boynton played the role of Mary Austin in Bohemian Rhapsody. She played the working-class lady in the series.
Who is Mary Austin married to?
Freddie Mercury and Mary Austin were very close to each other. They had always shared a profound bond of mutual love and respect. She married the painter, Piers Cameron. She had two sons with him. She married Nick Holford, but the marriage was annulled.
How much money did Freddie Mercury leave Mary Austin?
She also gave almost half his £ 75 million estate to her, including the lavish Georgian Mansion in Kensington. Mary Austin has inherited 50% of Freddie’s estate. She stays in the One Garden Lodge Mansion. Besides Mary, the 28 rooms grand mansion is home to multiple Freddie cats.
What happened to Mary Austin?
Mary did not want to marry the father of her two kids. She has stated that she lost her family after Freddie’s demise.
Is Mary Austin still alive?
Yes, she is alive and lives in the West London mansion. Actress Lucy Boynton portrays Mary, one of the key characters in the film Bohemian Rhapsody.
Does Mary Austin still own Freddie Mercury’s house?
Legally speaking, Mary is the only one who has the right to reside there and do with it whatever she pleases. Again, a lot of people think the mansion ought to be converted into a museum, as Mary urged Freddie to do. However, he always wanted it to continue being a cherished and lived-in family home.
Where is Mary Austin now?
The in-person The West London property where Freddie passed away in 1991 due to an AIDS-related sickness is currently home to Mary Austin. She didn’t remove memorials to the late singer until last year.
Who is Mary Austin?
The sole genuine love of Freddie Mercury during his brief and difficult life was Mary Austin, who was never his spouse in a legal sense.
Did Mary Austin ever marry?
Despite their close relationship, Mary Austin went on to wed artist Cameron Pierce, who had two sons named Richard and James with Freddie as their oldest son’s godfather and then married Nicholas Holford.
Why didn’t Freddie Mercury marry Mary Austin?
Austin and Mercury were engaged, but when Mercury came out to her as bisexual after she originally believed he had been having an affair with another woman, she broke their love and physical connection. She never asked him if he planned to get married.