Popularly known as Jimin, Park Jimin is a singer and dancer from South Korea. He made his debut in 2013 as a boys band BTS member. Jimin is known for his music and singing in Eternals, BTS: Life Goes On and BTS: We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2. He is also popular for his nicknames which are Chim Chim, Mochi, Minnie, Angel, King of K-pop, etc.
Park Jimin’s Overview
- Birth Name: Park Ji-min
- Age: 26
- Date of Birth: October 13, 1995
- Place of Birth: Geumjeong District, Busan, South Korea
- Nationality: South Korean
- Profession: Singer and dancer
- Net Worth: $26 Million
- Father: Park Pil-woo
- Mother: Mi-jeong
- Siblings: Park Ji-hyun
- Spouse: NA
- Children: NA
- Height: 5 ft 9 in
- Weight: 61 kg
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Brown
Early Life, Education and Family
- Park Jimin was born in the Geumjeong district in Busan, South Korea to his parents Park Pil-woo and Mi-jeong.
- He has a younger brother named Park Ji-hyun.
- Jimin attended Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School in Busan.
- While in Middle School, he also attended Just Dance Academy to learn popping and locking dance.
- Later, he studied contemporary dancing at Busan High School of Arts and was a topper of the modern dance department.
- He auditioned with a Big Hit Entertainment company on his teacher’s advice.
- After passing in the auditions, he joined Korean Arts High School from where he graduated in 2014.
- He enrolled at Global Cyber University to major in Broadcasting and Entertainment and graduated from there in August 2020.
- In 2021, he enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University to pursue masters of Business Administration in Advertising and Media.
Read also: Ava Max, Sweet But Psycho Singer
- Jimin is a black belt in Taekwondo.
- In a survey by Gallup Korea in 2018, he was ranked first in the list of perfect idols.
- In 2021, he purchased a luxury house in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea that has a worth of approximately $5.3 Million.
- Park Jimin keeps his love life private. However, he is currently single and not dating anyone.
- The rumors of him dating Seulgi, KARA band member, popped up when they were featured in a music show together. But as of now, these are just rumors.
Health Issues and Surgery
- In 2017, Park Jimin had to withdraw from participating in a concert in Macau, China due to neck and shoulder cramps.
- In the next year, while on the Love Yourself World Tour, he withdrew from recording due to severe muscle pain in neck and back.
- In January 2022, Jimin underwent surgery for appendicitis.
- At the same time, he was also tested Covid-19 positive.
- Park Jimin has got several tattoos on his body.
- He has a ‘Young Forever’ tattoo on both his arms just above the elbows.
- A ‘13’ tattoo on his wrist and also has a ‘Nevermind’ tattoo across his ribs.
Read also: Bella Poarch- A Tik-Toker Turned Singer.
From 2013 to Present- As BTS Member
- In June 2013, Jimin made his first appearance as a member of the BTS band and the vocalist and dancer of the group.
- With BTS, he released his three solo songs titled ‘Lie’, ‘Serendipity’ and ‘Filter’.
- In 2018, Serendipity and Lie, got more than fifty million streams individually on Spotify.
- Soon, BTS album Love Yourself: Answer was released and it got more than fifty million streams in early 2019.
- After the release of the album, Jimin became the only Korean to have three solo songs with fifty million streams each.
- In May 2019, Jimin became the first and only member of the BTS band to have a solo music video with more than 100 million views on YouTube .
- In February 2020, ‘Filter’ became the biggest streaming debut song with more than 2.2 million streams in just 24 hours of its release and also became the fastest Korean solo song to reach 20 to 60 million streams.
- Filter became the only BTS track to get a Song of the Year nomination at Gaon Chart Music Awards.
- In March 2021, it became the fifteenth BTS track to remain on Billboard;s World Digital Song Sales chart for a complete year.
- In 2018, Jimin was awarded the 5th class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by Moon Jae-In, the then president of South Korea.
- In 2021, he was appointed as the Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture by president Moon Jae-in.
From 2014 to Present- Solo Works
- In 2014, Jimin collaborated with Jungkook (bandmate) for the song ‘Christmas Day’, the song was the Korean version of Justin Beaber’s Mistletoe.
- The duo collaborated again in 2017 for a cover of Charlie Puth’s (American singer) ‘We don’t talk anymore’, he sang the parts sung by Selena Gomez.
- In 2016, Jimin appeared on variety shows such as Hello Counselor, God’s Workplace and Please Take Care of My Refrigerator.
- In late 2016, he participated in a dance duet with Taemin from Shinee at KBS Song Festival.
- In December 2018, Park Jimin released his first solo ‘Promise’ on BTS’ SoundCloud page.
- In January 2019, ‘Promise’ surpassed the record of ‘Duppy Freestyle’ as the biggest 24- hour debut in history .
- In December 2020, Jimin released his second solo ‘Christmas Love’.
- In April 2022, ‘With You’ was released, it was a duet with Ha Sung-woon.
As a Host
|2016||Show! Music Core|
Songs as a Writer
|2013||Outro: Circle Room Cypher|
|2015||Boyz with Fun|
|2020||In the Soop|
|2014||95 Graduation with v|
|2014||Christmas Day with Jungkook|
|2017||We don’t talk anymore PT. 2 with Jungkook|
As per the BTS income statistics, Park Jimin has an estimated net worth of around $26 Million.
Park Jimin is a quite popular BTS member. He has a large following on social media platforms. His social media handles are:
Park Jimin- FAQs
How tall is Park Jimin?
He is 5 ft and 9 in tall.
How old is Park Jimin?
As of 2022, he is 26.
What is the net worth of Park Jimin?
His estimated net worth is around $26 Million.
When is his birthday?
His birth date is October 13, 1995.
Does Park Jimin have a tattoo?
Jimin has tattoos just above his elbows, his wrist and across his ribs.