Queen Elizabeth II ruled Great Britain and Northern Ireland. her net worth is $426 Million, She gave birth to Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward, four members of the British royal family. On September 19 at 11 a.m. Westminster Abbey hosted Her Majesty The Queen’s State Funeral. She succeeded her father as Queen in 1952. She wed Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, later known as the Duke of Edinburgh, in 1947.
|Birth Name||Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor|
|Nickname||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1926|
|Place of Birth||Bruton Street, London, United Kingdom|
|Net Worth||$426 million|
|Date of Death||September 8, 2022|
|Plce of Death||Balmoral Castle, United Kingdom|
|Age of Death||96 Years|
|Spouse||Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (m. 1947–2021)|
|Children||Charles III, Anne, Princess Royal, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex|
|Grandchildren||Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex|
|Siblings||Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon|
|Education||Educated privately at Home|
Queen Elizabeth ii Age and Height
Queen was born on April 21, 1926. She died last week at 96 years old. her height is 5 feet 4 inches.
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Weight||121 lbs (55 kg)|
Why the name- “Queen Elizabeth II”?
- Queen Elizabeth II, the immortal emperor of the United Kingdom who ruled for more than seven decades, died. She was 96. The death was announced by her (Elizabeth II) family.
- After her death, her grandson said, ” she was widely admired and respected. Her grace and nobility will embrace us even after her death.” Her reign started in the year 1952 and lasted until 2022. It makes her the longest-serving monarch and the longest-recorded female head of state in history.
- Her rule began in February 1952, right after her father’s death, King George VI. Elizabeth was a constant and reassuring figure in Britain and on the world stage as she helped lead her country. So, let’s peep into her life to learn more about her.
- In the year 1952, when King George VI died, Elizabeth was given the Crown of the Queen. In the monarch system, you can change your royal name at the time of holding power But Elizabeth chose to recall by her royal name, that is Elizabeth.
- Queen Elizabeth II. Before Elizabeth, in the 16th century, there was a queen with the same name Elizabeth. Thus, she got the ‘II’ after her name.
- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in London, England, on April 21, 1926. At that time, her grandfather King George V was King of the UK. However, In 1936, King George V died, and the uncle of Elizabeth, King Edward VIII, was in the line to the throne. But King Edward wants to marry the American lady, Wallis Warfield Simpson, who was a divorcee. Thus, he stepped down, and the Crown was given to the father of Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth lived her young life as a simple girl without knowledge of politics and her family status. Who knows? This young girl will rule the country in the future phase. She was educated by private home tutors and also learned to ride a horse. She enjoyed learning horse riding. Elizabeth was known by her nickname “Lilibet”.
Also, Read: Queen Camilla, Age, Outfit, Twitter, Prince Harry, News
Queen Elizabeth ii Prince Philip Funeral
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, died at 99 on April 9, 2021. His funeral was attended by his 95-year-old wife, family, and friends.
- He wanted a simple funeral, according to reports. After Queen Elizabeth II’s death, her husband, Prince Philip buried with her. They were transferred to the King George VI Memorial Chapel inside St. George’s to rest side by side.
Crowning of Young ‘Lilibet’
In 1952, King George VI died, and there came a situation when everyone, including the public and the press, was hoping for Elizabeth to lead the country. On June 2, 1953, the coronation of Elizabeth II took place at Westminster Abbey in London.
Queen Elizabeth ii Buckingham Palace
- The official residence of the British Royal Family has been Buckingham Palace in London since the 1800s. Even the late Queen Elizabeth II lived during her reign until she temporarily moved to Windsor Castle during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- The Royal Palace has served as its administrative centre for over a century. This landmark building, concealed in Green Park’s rich vegetation, has withstood World War II bombings, a cunning underwear thief, and many other challenges.
- In addition to serving as the monarch’s official residence, it is a popular tourist destination where visitors can experience the luxury of British royalty.
Queen Elizabeth II Passed Away
- Her death certificate indicated that she had passed away from old age at Balmoral Castle in Ballater, Scotland, on September 8 at 3:10 p.m. UK time (10:10 a.m. ET), based on a report made available by National Records of Scotland.
- A document signed by the Queen’s daughter, Princess Anne. At age 96, Britain’s Queen with the longest reign passed away peacefully.
Queen Elizabeth ii Grandchildren
- The Queen of England and her grandchildren has a very close relationship. She and her husband, Prince Philip, has eight grandchildren between the ages of 44 and 14.
- Although the monarch hardly ever publicly discussed her family, she shared precious moments with her grandkids at official royal ceremonies, such as royal weddings.
- In addition, Queen Elizabeth has 12 great-grandchildren, the first being Peter Phillips’ daughter, Savannah Phillips, in December 2010 and the most recent being Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, a daughter of Prince Harry, in June 2021.
Queen Elizabeth ii platinum jubilee
- Queen Elizabeth II became the first queen of the United Kingdom on February 6, 2022, to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee.
- There were festivities around the country and a long weekend of bank holidays from Thursday, June 2, to Sunday, June 5, to mark the monarch’s 70th year on the throne.
- In honour of Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee, Halcyon Days were commissioned to create a musical box with hand-painted enamel on copper.
Queen Elizabeth ii Dogs
- A dog lover Elizabeth II possessed almost 30 corgis between the time of her accession in 1952 and her death in 2022, having owned them since she was a little kid. From 1933 until 2018, she owned at least one corgi.
Queen Elizabeth ii prince Andrew
- Duke of York’s Prince Andrew is a member of the British royal family. February 19, 1960, marked his birth.
- Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II’s second son and the younger brother of King Charles III.
Also, Read: Xi Jinping Height, Net Worth, Daughter, Age, Wife, Wiki
Her marriage to Prince Philip
- It is said that Prince Philip Of Greece and Denmark met Elizabeth when she was eight years old. At the age of 13, she revealed her love for Prince Philip. Being personalities, both exchanged letters secretly so that the press did not create trouble for them.
- They got engaged in July 1947. They married in November of the same year in Westminster, Abby. Do you know? That time, millions of people got stuck to the radio to hear the news of the couple’s wedding ceremony. The couple had their first child one year after their marriage, Prince Charles. They had four children: Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward.
Family Members of Elizabeth
- Her own family had many members. But in this blog, we will tell you about them briefly. Her father was the King of the UK, and her ancestor, King George VI. Her mother was known by the nickname The Queen Mother.
- The grandfather of Elizabeth, King George V, was also a very famous personality and would remain in the history of Britain. Queen Mary was the grandmother of Elizabeth and the wife of King George V. Princess Margaret was Elizabeth’s only sister.
Queen Elizabeth ii Family Tree
- Approximately 1,209 years of history can be found in the royal family’s bloodline. This goes back to the ninth century and includes 37 generations.
- On both sides of her family, she was a Stewart royal family member. She developed a close bond with Scotland and the Scots through her numerous personal and official visits during her seven decades in power. Robert II, King of Scots, was a common ancestor of her parents.
The Political Life of the Queen Elizabeth II
- In the system of the monarch, having political views is not supported. They have to remain neutral against any political matters. Also, they have their tradition or conventions for each and everything. Like, they do not vote or stand for election, but they play an essential role in maintaining formal relations with UK’s government.
- However, the Queen has an agreement with all the conventions. Elizabeth had her political views and the political culture of her class and upbringing. Harold Wilson was the Prime Minister with whom she liked working most. She worked with a total of 15 prime ministers. International affairs are followed by the Queen closely.
Action Taken by Elizabeth II
- Regarding the work front, Elizabeth travelled to 117 countries, including all 56 commonwealth states. It is said that she was the only leader who travelled almost the world. She also had 112 state visits and other diplomatic visits too.
- In 1994, Queen Elizabeth II visited Russia, which claimed a great success for British foreign policy. Another significant visit took place in 1995, right after the launching of the democratic government of South Africa. According to biographer Robert Hardman, quoting former captain of the Royal Yacht Britannia, Sir Robert Woodard.
- “The Foreign Secretary was worried [about the visit], and the Queen cancelled it. She said, “Mr Mandela received advice from many people, but no one offered help. He needs physical help, and he needs a gig.“
Queen Elizabeth Health
- She followed a proper routine and took a healthy diet. To remain healthy, the Queen walked with her dogs. She also rode horses. That’s why she was so fit until the last few years. This year she got Corona positive. However, she recovered from it. She also suffered back pain and had knee surgery in the 2000s.
Queen Elizabeth Death
- She died on September 8, 2022. At that time, she was 96 years old. There is no specific disclosure about the reason for the death of Queen Elizabeth II. But, according to the medical experts, she died due to “geriatric syndrome”. However, the royal family announced that she died a natural death at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.
Queen Elizabeth ii Net Worth
|Net Worth||$426 million|
According to the source, the queen’s personal net worth ranged from $426 million. She received a sizable sum of personal money from her father, King George VI.
Queen Elizabeth II is an active user of social media platforms. Her social handles are mentioned below:
- Twitter.com: @RoyalFamily
- Instagram: @theroyalfamily
- She was focused on her duties and responsibilities toward her nation. She loved her work throughout her life. She was kind and had a great sense of humour. She was also health conscious.
Also, Read: Rishi Sunak Height, Age, House, Net Worth, Wife, Parents, Kids
Queen Elizabeth II-FAQ’s
How many corgis does Queen Elizabeth have?
Fans of Queen Elizabeth know very well that she loved dogs. At the time of her death, she had at least four dogs. Two of them are corgis and a cocker spaniel and a dachshund-corgi mix Dorgi.
Does Queen Elizabeth I have no child?
She had no children; thus, no one is the direct heir to her throne and maintains the legacy.
Where does Queen Elizabeth II eat?
The Queen eats simple cooked meat and vegetables. However, she likes to have chocolate and strawberries or peaches for desserts.
How old was Elizabeth II when her father died?
The Queen was only 25 years when her father died in 1952, and she got the Crown of Queen.
To whom was Queen Elizabeth II married?
The Queen married Prince Philip. They both love each other and thus marry each other with their will. They together have four children.
What surname does The Queen have?
Elizabeth Alexander Marry Windsor is the full name of the Queen. However, she married Philip Mountbatten, and thus, her surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.
After queen Elizabeth ii, who is next in line for the British throne?
At 96, Queen Elizabeth II was the oldest queen to rule the United Kingdom. She passed away at her home in Scotland’s Balmoral Castle on September 8, 2022. Prince Charles, her eldest son, immediately took over as monarch.
What happened to queen Elizabeth ii?
According to her death certificate, Queen Elizabeth II had died of old age. At 3:10 pm on September 8 at Ballater, Scotland, the late British queen passed away.UK time (10:10 a.m. ET), based on a document made available by the National Records of Scotland. The reason for death is listed as old age.
How long has queen Elizabeth ii been Queen?
Elizabeth II was the first British Queen to rule for 70 years on February 6, 2022, and extensive celebrations for her Platinum Jubilee took place from June 2 to 5. After leading for 70 years and 214 days, she died on September 8, 2022.at 96 years and 140 days.
How tall is queen Elizabeth ii?
The height of Queen Elizabeth II at one point was five feet, four inches. At the time of her death, she was only five feet and one inch tall, though, due to the shrinkage of age. Surprisingly, Princess Margaret, who was only five feet, one inch tall at her tallest when she was young, was shorter than her.
What religion is queen Elizabeth ii?
Her Majesty frequently referred to the Bible’s teachings during troubled times in her personal life and the nation’s. She discussed the strength she derived from her Christian religion on numerous occasions.
Who is queen Elizabeth ii mother?
Queen Elizabeth was the mother of Queen Elizabeth II. Wife of King George VI, she served as Queen Consort from December 11, 1936, of the United Kingdom and the British Commonwealth’s Dominions to February 6, 1952.
When was queen Elizabeth ii born?
At 2.40 in the morning, Princess Elizabeth was born at 17 Bruton Street in Mayfair, London. Born to King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Duke and Duchess of York’s first child was named Elizabeth.