Born in the year 1971, Selena Quintanilla is a legendary Mexican singer who left the world at the age of 23. Her height measures 1.65m. Her music has not only received several critical applause. Selena’s immense contribution to the Latin music industry has made her an icon of the Mexican-American industry. Considering her family’s net worth at the present, if alive, she had a net worth of $ 5 million. However, her career witnessed an untimed end as her manager brutally shot her. and was the youngest child of Marcella Ofelia Quintanilla (mother) and Abraham Quintanilla (father).
Quickies about Selena Quintanilla
|Selena Quintanilla Wiki|
|Birth Name||Selena Quintanilla Perez|
|Death of Age||23|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1971|
|Place of Birth||Lake Jackson, TX|
|Education||West Oso Junior High in Corpus Christi|
|Mother||Marcella Ofelia Quintanilla|
|Spouse||Chris Pérez (Married in the year 1992)|
|Albums||Entre a Mi Mundo, Amor Prohibido|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Selena Quintanilla Age and Height
|Height||5 feet 5 inch|
- Born in a musical family, Selena Quintanilla was the youngest child and her father led a band in the late 1990s that played rock music along with traditional Mexican Music.
- In addition to the same, Selena Quintanilla was also featured in Billboard magazine in the year 2020. Moreover, she has been honoured with third place in the list of “Greatest Latino Artists of All Time” and was also ranked as the most influential Latin artist.
- Though Selena Quintanilla childhood did not know Spanish in her early life, during the phase of her initial recording session’s in1985, she learned Spanish under the guidance of her father.
- Adding on to the same, right after her recording, Selena made her appearance on the Johnny Canales Show, a popular Spanish-language radio program, where she was later awarded the Female Vocalist of the Year award in 1987 and maintained the same for the next 9 consecutive years.
- Known as the “Queen of Tejano music“, Selena Quintanilla Pérez was an American singer whose magnificent and notable contributions to music made her the supremely celebrated Mexican-American entertainer of the late 20th century.
- “The reason I’m appreciative of everything that’s going on around me is that I never expected it, and I want to keep that attitude.”- Quintanilla’s Quote On Character
- Being the youngest child in her family, Selena always proved herself to her father (Abraham Quintanilla), but with her growing popularity and increasing demand, her education began to suffer. In continuation to the same, seeing the continuous interference and major impact on her studies, her father took her out of school.
- She also shared a good relationship with her siblings Suzette Quintanilla (Sister), and A.B. Quintanilla (Brother).
- Despite facing several challenges, Selena continued her studies and earned a high school diploma from the American School of Correspondence in Chicago. Moreover, in the future, she also secured admission to Pacific Western University, where she studied Business Administration as her major subject.
Career and Major Works
Selena’s First Album Cover
- In the early stage, Selena Quintanilla deiced to record her first album during her tour to record Mexican music. Moreover, on her first album cover, she recorded Corpus Christi’s Freddie labelled in the year 1984.
- Additionally, when her new single “Ya Se Va, “did not do well in the early phase, Selena Quintanilla decided to continue her passion for music by doing a band tour in the southwest United States.
- Furthermore, in the year 1989, on October 17, Selena Quintanilla released her first album, which was then launched by EMI Latin. Speaking of her music, extensively absorbs a wide range of contemporary genres with different styles of Mexican music and a mix of Cumbia.
When Did Selena Quintanilla Start Singing
- In the initial stage of her life, Selena began to sing at the age of 10 and also became a singer in her family band.
Other Famous Works
Listed below are some of the Albums recorded by Selena
- Ven Conmigo October 06, 1990, by EMI Latin (Label), under the certification Platinum with sales of 500,000.
- Amor Prohibido, this album was released on March 13, 1994, by EMI Latin (Label), under the certification Platinum with sales of 1,246,000.
- Entre a Mi Mundo, this album was released on March 13, 1994, by EMI Latin (Label), under the certification Platinum with sales of 600,000.
Selena Quintanilla Movie
- Intending to pay a tribute to the “Queen of Tejano Music”, a movie named Selena written and directed by Gregory Nava, was made.
- This was more of an American biographical musical drama film, released in the year 1997.
- The film highlights the life and career of Selena Quintanilla before she was murdered by Yolanda Saldívar.
Selena Quintanilla Outfits
- Her clothing style was extremely ravishing and she even began manufacturing her outfit along with her designer Martin Gomez with designs and styles of Latin American texture.
- Later her dressing sense and choice of choosing beautiful Selena Quintanilla Outfits became her trademark on stage.
- Adding on, as per the Hispanic Business magazine report Selena earned over $5 million from these boutiques.
- Selena helped her mother with designing her stage costumes and she even also opened up several clothing boutiques in Texas.
- The attractive Bedazzled Bralettes, Colorful two-piece sets, and flared pants made her the biggest style icon.
- Moreover, at the 1986 Tejano Music Awards, Selena’s all-black ensemble gained the attention of all her fans.
Selena Quintanilla Photoshoot
- Let us take you through the initial journey of her charismatic Photoshoot that was done was her father, Abraham Quintanilla Jr., and Chris Perez, her husband.
- Later, between 1992 and 1994, John Dyer did her ravishing photoshoot, wherein the singer looked ravishing, in her first shoot for a full article shoot for a national magazine.
Her Short Hair
- An obscure fact about the quintessential diva, Selena that her fans might not know, is that the singer had don curly hair during the initial stages of her career.
Selena Quintanilla’s House
- Selena spent most of her life living in Lake Jackson, a city in Brazoria County, Texas, United States.
- At the time of her demise, she was in Days Inn, Corpus Christi, Texas
Selena Quintanilla’s Husband
- Selena Quintanilla released her “Breakthrough Album“, Entre a Mi Mundo, in the year 1992, which helped the artist in launching her singing career in Mexico along with its single “Como la Flor“.
- Adding on, her “Breakthrough Album“, Entre a Mi Mundo, not only became the first Tejano recording by a female artist, but it also made huge sales of over 300,000 copies.
- Later in the same year, Selena Quintanilla came across an opportunity offered by Coca-Cola, where she met Chris Pérez in Texas, United States.
- Selena Quintanilla and Chris Pérez were secretly attracted to each other.
- They dated for a couple of months and then married in 1992, three years before the sudden demise of Selena Quintanilla.
The Mysterious Death
- In the early 90s, Yolanda Saldivar was appointed as the manager of Selena’s boutiques. Besides this, Yolanda Saldivar later signed the agreement with Selena as her registered agent.
- Later, both faced a decline in their business which led to major misconceptions and a heated argument between the two.
Selana Quintanilla’s Killer
- Yolanda Saldivar conspired against Selena, met her in her hotel room in Corpus Christ, took out a gun, and shot Selena.
- Yolanda Saldivar later claimed that the gunshot was accidental, but she has sentenced to life imprisonment in October 1995.
- Saldivar is to be released on parole in 2025, as she has served nearly 30 years of her imprisonment.
Selena Quintanilla Funeral
- The conspired demise of Selena left her fans in big shock, as more than 3,000 fans were drawn to her funeral in Bayfront Plaza in Corpus Christi.
- Additionally, during Selena Quintanilla funeral, more than 30,000 fans signed a book of condolence.
Selena Quintanilla Museum
- Selena holds a special place in the story of Corpus Christi, where the Selena Quintanilla Museum was built by the Quintanilla family.
- This museum was built intending to celebrate the life and achievements of Selena for her fans.
- This museum includes a tour of Selena’s stage outfits, and memorabilia, her red Porsche, the Grammy award and a lot more.
Selena Quintanilla Net Worth
- As per some records, it is stated that Selena had earned a few million dollars before her demise in 1995.
- Adding on her confirmed Selena Quintanilla net worth was $5 Million when she passed away.
|Net Worth||Between $5 Million|
Selena Quintanilla Last Words
- When her killer Yolanda Saldívar shot her, Quintanilla collapsed on the floor with blood all around her. Then she uttered her last words, which were “Yolanda Saldívar in Room 158”.
- Her last words helped in identifying her killer.
Quintanilla’s Famous Songs
- Given below are the best songs of Selena Quintanilla Song that you would not like to miss, and are as stated:-
- This empowering song is about a woman, who questions herself, and why she ever falls in love with her ex.
- This song was her personal favorite.
- This song is one of the most popular, translated in English to “Forbidden Love“.
This was from Selena’s 4 Album.
she was a famous singer in her time and the wife of Chris Pérez, she worked in Tejano songs, and his family connected to the singer and artist, but at the end of her life she was killed by Yolanda who was a nurse, Abraham Quintanilla give a job as a manager, but she thief money from Selena account because of that she fired Yolanda she died at the age of 23 year old
Selena Quintanilla- FAQ’s
Who shot Selena Quintanilla?
Yolanda Saldívar is an American former nurse, Selena’s fan club president and former personal assistant, who shot Selena in the back at a Days Inn motel in Corpus Christi, Texas on March 31, 1995
What was Selena’s first song?
selena was 12 years old when she get the opportunity to record her first song was name is “Como la Flor” Selena’s first hit, “Se Acabó Aquel Amor” was reportedly the first original song. It was recorded in 1983 and was released on her debut album, Selena.
How did Selena Quintanilla die?
Selena Quintanilla was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldívar on March 31, 1995. Saldívar, Selena’s fan club president and former personal assistant, was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
Why is Selena Quintanilla famous?
Selena Quintanilla is famous for her contributions to music and fashion. She is considered one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century.
Selena Quintanilla education?
She did her schooling at Roberts Elementary School in Lake Jackson and West Oso Junior High in Corpus Christi. Selena dropped out of high school in her junior year to pursue her singing career.
What is Selena Quintanilla known for?
Selena Quintanilla referred to as the “Queen of Tejano Music,” was a well-liked Latin music artist who was murdered at the age of 23 by the leader of her fan club.
What is Selena husband doing now?
Chris is currently active in the music industry as a guitarist, but he is no ordinary musician—in 1999, he won the Grammy for Best Latin Rock/Alternative Performance for the song “Resurrection.” Additionally, he has a spicy sauce business named Perez Pepper Sauce.
When did Selena Quintanilla start singing?
When she was eight, she started her profession. Her father was a member of the Tejano band Los Dinos from 1957 to 1971. He also taught Selena how to sing in Spanish and how to perform in the family band. They gave performances at weddings in Lake Jackson and at the Pappagallo family restaurant.
How old is Selena Quintanilla husband?
Christopher Pérez was born in 1969 in San Antonio, Texas. he is a computer programmer and Carmen Medina. He is 53 years old.
Who killed Selena Quintanilla Perez and why?
Selena’s manager Yolanda Saldivar killed her. She was caught forging cheques and laundering money from Selena’s boutiques and fan club. When Yolanda was asked to hand over the financial documents and resign from her designation, she shot Selena with a personal revolver.
How old is Selena Quintanilla now?
Selena was born on April 16, 1971. At the peak of her career, she died an expected death at the age of just 23!
How tall was Selena Quintanilla?
Selena was a sheer combination of beauty and intelligence. Her charming height of 5 feet 5 inches made her more attractive to her fans.
Who is Selena Quintanilla?
Selena was one of the greatest Mexican-American singers. Her back-to-back superhit songs were the reason she ruled the Latino music industry. In her early days, she used to be the thread vocalist of her own band Selena y Los Dinos. In 1992 she was nominated for the Billboard Music Awards.
Who owns Selena Quintanilla house?
Selena death has passed away more than a couple of decades ago. At the time of death, Selena was 23. Thus, she left no will. Eventually, Perez was the first heir to inherit the property. There was an ongoing legal tussle between her former husband and her family. The battle seems to be legal.
When did Selena Quintanilla start singing?
Her music career began when she was just 8. She along with her siblings used to perform at various party events. They formed a band known as Selena y Los Dinos where she became the lead singer. In 1982, she recorded her first song which became the official release. One of her songs even got a Billboard nomination.
How old was Selena Quintanilla in 1995?
Selena was 23 years old at the time of her death. She was at the peak of her career during her murder.
What was Selena Quintanilla buried in?
Her funeral eve witnessed a crowd of 4,000 people. A special mass was also held. Six hundred guests attended Selena’s burial at Seaside Memorial Park, Corpus Christi, Texas. Her funeral was held on April 3, 1995.
When is Selena Quintanilla’s new album coming out in 2022?
The estate of Selena Quintanilla announced a posthumous album Moonchild Mixes. The album was slated to be released in August 2022. It consisted of the unheard songs of the singer. The album will be released under the banner of Warner Music Latina on August 26.
What record label was Selena Quintanilla signed to?
In 1989, she got into a contract with EMI Latin and her debut solo album was released. Her 1992 release Entre a Mi Mundo was a record hit. It proved to be a breakthrough in her entire career. The album also brought him a grammy.
Where was Selena Quintanilla’s last concert?
Selena’s last concert was at Houston Astrodome. She performed her last there.
How old is Selena Quintanilla’s brother?
Selena’s brother, AB Quintanilla was born on December 13, 1963. He used to play the bass guitar and used to produce and write songs for her sister. After his sister’s death, he moved to form a band known as the Kumbia Kings. AB Quintanilla is now one of the greatest music producers.
When was Selena Quintanilla born?
Selena was born on April 16, 1971, to Marcella Ofelia Quintanilla and Abraham Quintanilla Jr. She was the youngest child.
What was Selena Quintanilla’s first album?
Selena’s first album was The New Girl in The Town.
How old was Selena Quintanilla when she was killed?
Selena was killed at the age of 23. Her manager fired a bullet into her artery. Yolanda shot her to escape her misdeeds.
Does Selena Quintanilla have a brother?
Selena is the youngest of three children. Her brother AB Quintanilla is the eldest one. He used to play the bass guitar and used to produce and write songs for her sister. After his sister’s death, he moved to form a band known as the Kumbia Kings.
What movie was Selena Quintanilla in with Johnny Depp?
Selena and Johnny Depp were together in the 1994 film Don Juan DeMarco. They also dreamed of their success.