The American singer and songwriter, Taylor Momsen, portrayed the role of Cindy Lou Who in the movie. How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Jenny Humphrey on the teen drama series Gossip Girl before she took retirement from the acting career. She has also been the front woman for the band The Pretty Reckless since 2009, the year it was founded.
Taylor Momsen’s Personality
- Birth Name: Taylor Michel Momsen
- Age: 28
- Date of Birth: July 26, 1993
- Place of Birth: St Louis, Missouri, US
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, actress, model
- Net Worth: $ 4 Million
- Father: Micheal Momsen
- Mother: Colette Momsen
- Siblings: Sloane Momsen
- Spouse: NA
- Children: NA
- Height: 5 ft 8 in
- Weight: 55 kg
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
Early Life, Education and Family (Parents and Siblings)
- Born in 1993, Taylor Momsen is the eldest child of Michael and Collete Momsen.
- She has a younger sister named Sloane Momsen, she is also an actress.
- She attended Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School to complete her elementary schooling.
- Later she enrolled at Herbert Hoover Middle School in Potomac.
- She also studied ballet at the Centre of Creative Arts in St. Louis.
- She was rumoured to be dating Chace Crawford in 2008 and Jack Osbourne in 2010.
- Later she dated Natt Weller in 2010.
- As of 2022, she is currently single.
Read Also: Trace Cyrus, Adopted Son of Billy Ray Cyrus
- Momsen started her career at a very young age, she was signed by Ford Models at the age of 2.
- She started acting at the age of three from a national commercial.
- In 2000, Taylor Momsen played the role of Cindy Lou in Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- In 2002, she portrayed Gretel in Hansel and Gretel. She later played the role of Alexandra, the daughter of the president in Spy Kids 2: The island of Lost Dreams.
- She later appeared in the 2006 movie Saving Shiloh after a brief break.
- In 2007, she was featured in the Walt Disney movie Underdog as Molly.
- In early 2007, she portrayed the role of Jenny Humphrey in the series Gossip Girl.
- On August 26, 2011, she announced that she had quit her acting career to focus on her music career.
- However, she appeared in the final episode of Gossip Girls in 2012.
- In June 2008 when she was 14, she signed to the IMG Models.
- In 2010, she was the face of New Look, the British fashion chain for its summer collection.
- She was also the face of Madonna’s 2010 fashion line 2010.
- A few weeks later, she was announced as the model of the new women’s fragrance of John Galliano.
- In 2009 when she was 15, she appeared on the cover page of Page Six Magazine.
- In 2010, she also appeared on the February cover of Seventeen.
- At the age of 7, she recorded her first song ‘Where Are You Christmas?’ and in 2002, she recorded the song ‘One Small Voice’ and ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’ for the album School Out! Christmas.
- In 2009, she did her first tour with her band.
- Later, she started working with the guitarist Ben Philips.
- Her first single ‘Make Me Wanna Die’ was released in May 2010 while her second single titled ‘Miss Nothing’ was released on 23 August, 2010.
- She wrote a song for Blackout which was recorded by Heidi Montag.
- In 2012, Taylor Momsen along with her band toured across North America.
- The release of Going to Hell became the largest sale of the band and it came at no 5 on Billboard 200 with more than 35,000 copies sold within a week.
- The band also became the first female fronted band to land at no 1 on the rock radio chart with first two singles titled ‘Heaven Knows’ and ‘Fucked Up World’ in Sepetember 2014.
- In September 2016, her band released the single itled ‘Take Me Down’ that landed at number 1 on Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart.
- The third album ‘Who You Selling For’ was released in October 2016.
- In 2020, she recorded a song for the American band Evanescence for the song ‘Use My Voice’ for the album The Bitter Truth longside Lzzy Hale, Sharon den Adel and Lindsey Stirling.
- The band released their fourth album titled Death by Rock and Roll on February 12, 2021.
Read Also: Christopher Cody, Miley Cyrus’s Half Brother
Taylor Momsen in Gossip Girl
She is well known for her role in The series Gossip Girl which was released in 2007. There she played the role of a fashion-loving teen who desire to get in with her rich classmates at a fancy non-government school on New York City’s Upper East Side. She left the season after the fourth show. But could be seen in the finale as a guest appearance.
However, among her fans, she is famous for her role in the series but she is irritated when someone asks her about the show. She said it is frustrating for her when people recognize her for it. She also disclose the fact that she never watched the show when it was aired. Also, she doesn’t like watching herself in the show. It makes her uncomfortable.
Taylor Momsen Favorites
- Favorite Food: Cheese Pizza
- Hobbies: Traveling
- Favorite Color: Brown, Pink
|2010||Light Me Up|
|2014||Going to Hell|
|2016||Who You Selling For|
|2021||Death by Rock and Roll|
|1999||The Prophet’s Game|
|2000||How the Grinch Stole Christmas|
|2002||We Were Soldiers|
|2002||Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams|
|2002||Hansel & Gretel|
|2007-2010, 2012||Gossip Girl|
|2014||L A Love|
The singer and songwriter and former actress has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million.
Facts You need to know!
- The ‘Bring me down’ released by her band achieved on the 2nd position on the Billboard Mainstream rock Chart on September 29, 2016.
- Moreover, She likes to play guitar.
- Do you know, she recorded the melody ‘Christmas, Why can’t Find you?’ at the age of 7.
- She has numerous commercials and photoshoots.
- Once, she criticized Rihanna by saying her calling her annoying.
Taylor Momsen is an active user of social media platforms. Her social handles are mentioned below.
Facebook: Taylor Momsen
She is an American singer, songwriter, model and former actress. She is famous for her roles and also known for her albums. She got the most coverage when she quit acting which was in the 2010 year.
Who is Taylor Momsen?
Taylor Momsen is an American singer and songwriter and a former actress.
How old is Taylor Momsen?
She is 28.
How tall is Taylor Momsen?
5 ft 8 in
What happened to Taylor Momsen?
She quit her acting career to focus on her music career.
Does Taylor Momsen have a tattoo?
She has got one tattoo when she was just 16 years old.
Is Taylor Momsen still acting?
She left her acting career in 2010. After that, she focuses only on her music career. The fourth album of the band The Pretty Reckless was released last year. It is Death by Rock and Roll.
Will Taylor Momsen act again?
We don’t have much information regarding this. But she said once that she had no instant plans to come back. However, she didn’t say no to this question.
Where is Taylor Momsen today?
We have no idea where she is living these days. We only know that she left New York because of a rush and chose a remote location to live with peace.
What did Taylor Momsen say about Rihanna?
She criticized Rihanna by calling her a ‘rock wannabe’ and ‘really annoying.
Where did Taylor Momsen go to grade school?
She was raised Roman Catholic and attended Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School for elementary school and then Herbert Hoover Middle School in Potomac, Maryland, but is not currently religious.