The American actor and singer, Terrence Howard, was initially offered the role of James Rhodes in the movie Iron Man. He got a nomination in the Academy Award for the movie Hustle & Flow. He released his debut album in September 2008.
Terrence Howard’s Overview
- Birth Name: Terrence Dashon Howard
- Age: 53
- Date of Birth: March 11, 1969
- Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actor and Singer
- Net Worth: $6 Million
- Father: Tyrone Howard
- Mother: Anita Howard
- Siblings: Not known
- Spouse: Lori McCommas (m. 1993; div. 2001),(m. 2005; div. 2007), Michelle Ghent (m. 2010; div. 2013), Mira Pak (m. 2013; div. 2015)
- Children: Heaven, Aubrey, Hunter, Qirin Love and Hero
Terrence Howard has an extraverted, sensing, thinking, and judging personality type, or ESTJ. He fits the bill for the most part. Despite having an introverted disposition, he has shown signs of being extraverted in his profession, particularly while speaking in front of large groups of people. Some more information about her:
- Height: 6 ft.
- Weight: 82 kg
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Blue
Although Terrence Howard was raised in Cleveland, he was born in Chicago. Anita and Tyrone were his parents; the latter was incarcerated for manslaughter in 1971. Terrence Howard, who initially wanted to be a science teacher, relocated to New York at the age of 18 to pursue his dream of being an actor.
Education and Family (Parents and Siblings)
- Howard was born to Anita Williams and Tyrone Howard in March 1969. He had African and English ancestry.
- He was raised in Cleveland, Ohio by his great-grandmother.
- His childhood was rough, he saw his father stabbing a man at the age of two.
- His parents got divorced after his father was released from jail.
- Nothing is known about his education.
Marriage and Children
- In 1993, he got married to Lori McCommas, however, the couple got divorced in 2001.
- The couple remarried in 2005 but divorced again two years later in 2007.
- The couple was parents to two daughters Heaven and Aubrey and a son Hunter,
- Howard married Michelle Ghent in 2010, however, they filed for divorce in February 2011. Their divorce was finalized in May 2013.
- Howard married his third wife Mira Pak in late 2013.
- The couple became parents to sons Qirin Love and Hero.
- However, they got divorced in 2015.
- Later, the two got engaged again in December 2018.
- In early 2009, it was reported by The Smoking Gun that Howard got arrested on a variety of charges including assault, harassment, and stalking.
- As per the Smoking Gun, he was also arrested for assaulting a flight attendant.
- In September 2015, during an interview, he admitted that in 2001 he hit his first wife and said that he lost his mind at the time and slapped her in front of their children.
Howard and Great-Grandmother
Howard’s parents’ divorce made his early years challenging. His great-grandmother has had a significant influence on his life. His great-grandmother Minnie Gentry, a New York stage actress who once shared a stage with Sidney Poitier in a production of Lysistrata on Broadway in the 1940s, as well as his mother, both inspired him to pursue acting.
She participated actively in the developing black theater scene in New York City during the 1960s and 1970s. During the summers, Howard frequently stayed with her, going to rehearsals with her and helping her learn the lines for her new parts. He first understood that taking on another character was similar to “magic” when he was 14 years old and saw her in a one-act play.
- Terrence Howard got his big break in the movie industry with the release of the movie Mr. Holland’s Opus in 1995.
- In 1999, he appeared in the movie The Best Man.
- He made his TV debut with the TV series titled Family Matters.
- The release of the movie Hustle & Flow became a game changer of his career, he recorded the tracks of his character himself and also got the Academy Award for the same.
- In 2008, he hosted the series Independent Lens.
- In 2008, he played the character of James Rhodes in the Marvel movie Iron Man, however, he was later replaced by Don Cheadle.
- In 2008, he also released his debut adult alternative movie titled Shine Through It.
- In 2010, he was featured in Law & Order: Los Angeles and portrayed the character of Joe Dekker.
- In 2019, he announced his retirement from acting after the release of the final season of Empire saying that he is tired of pretending.
- However, in early 2021, he announced that he will be returning into acting with the sci-fi movie Beneath.
- In February 2022, he was featured in the horror movie Skeletons in the Closet. The guys at ghostwriter deutschland are true and devoted fans of the actor.
|1993||Who’s the Man?|
|1995||Mr. Holland’s Opus|
|1998||The Players Club|
|1999||Best Laid Plans|
|1999||The Best Man|
|2000||Big Momma’s House|
|2000||Love Beat the Hell Outta Me|
|2005||Hustle & Flow|
|2005||Get Rich or Die Tryin’|
|2007||The Hunting Party|
|2007||The Brave One|
|2007||The Perfect Holiday|
|2008||Phillies World Series Champions DVD|
|2009||The Princess and the Frog|
|2011||Little Murder (Ghost of New Orleans)|
|2012||On The Road|
|2012||The Company You Keep|
|2013||Dead Man Down|
|2013||House of Bodies|
|2013||The Best Man Holiday|
|2014||Take Me to the River|
|2020||Cut Throat City|
|TBA||Skeletons in the Closet|
|1992||All My Children|
|1992||The Jacksons: An American Dream|
|1995||The O. J. Simpson Story|
|1995||New York Undercover|
|2000||King of the World|
|2005||Their Eyes Were Watching God|
|2010–2011||Law & Order: LA|
|2011||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit|
|2015||Lip Sync Battle|
|2017||Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams|
|TBA||The Best Man: The Final Chapters|
|2008||Iron Man||USAF Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes|
|2005||“Be Without You”|
|2020||“Never Alone” (Paul Oakenfold & Varun Remix)|
- Shine Through It (2008)
The actor is an active user of social media platforms. His handles are mentioned below.
Facebook: Terrence Howard
Terrence Howard Net Worth
He has a $5 million dollar net worth. Terrence has had a number of marital and financial issues, which is sad because he would otherwise be much wealthier. As of 2022, Terrence Howard has an estimated net worth of $6 Million.
Actor Terrence Howard is most known for the roles he played in the movies “Hustle and Flow” and “Iron Man.” Before landing his breakout role in the 1995 film had made appearances in TV programs like “The Jacksns: An American Dream” and “Hollands Opus.” He has won a lot of awards.
Terrence Howard- FAQs
Why did Terrence Howard quit acting?
In September 2019, Terrence Howard announced his retirement form the acting career saying that he is tired of pretending.
Why was Terrence Howard paid so much for Iron Man?
Due to his star power, Terrence became the highest paid actor of the Iron Man movie which was more than the lead actor Robert Downey Jr.
What is Terrence Howards net worth?
As of 2022, his net worth is estimated to be somewhere around $6 Million.
Who is Terrence Howard’s current wife?
After getting divorced from Miranda Park, there is no news of him engaging with anyone.
How is Terrance Howard related to Evan Ross?
Although Howard stated in a show that Evans in his nephew, however, they are no where related.
Who is Terrence Howard’s parents?
Anita Hawkins Williams is his mother while Tyrone Howard is his father.
How are Terrence Howard related to Diana Ross?
They are not related. . Evan, Ross’s son, who competed on Howard’s “Celebrity Family Feud” team in 2021, is a close buddy of Howard’s.
Is Terrence Howard invent?
According to Terrence Howard, he has created “new hydrogen technology” that could protect Uganda. In order to develop a new hydrogen-based technology with the potential to change the world, Terrence Howard asserts that he has completely reimagined the area of physics by understanding the so-called “theory of everything.”
What degrees does Terrence Howard have?
He have a degree of PhD in chemical engineering from South carolina State university (SCSU).
Is Terrence Howard married?
He is engaged to ex-wife Mira Pak.
When was Terrence Howard born?
On March 11, 1969, he was born in Chicago.
Can Terrance Howard really sing?
He does not sing and he does not have singing voice.
How much does Terrence Howard make per movie?
Howard was the highest-paid “Iron Man” actor due to his star power for his portrayal of James “Rhodey” Rhodes, earning a reputed salary of between $3.5 and $4.5 million.
Who is Terrence Howard’s current wife?
Howard married Mira Pak, a restaurateur and model, for the third time in late 2013. Hero, who was born in 2015, and Qirin Love are their two sons ( born 2016).
Why did they change Rhodes actor in Iron Man 2?
Marvel attempted to renegotiate Howard’s contract to pay him less as Iron Man 2 went into production. Howard demanded payment in accordance with the terms of his contract. He was replaced by Marvel.
What is Terrence Howard famous for?
He is famous for his role as Lucius Lyons, music mogul and in the Tv series empire. He is also a well known singer, songwriter and rapper.
What was Terrence Howard’s first movie?
As Jackie Jackson in the ABC Miniseries The Jacksons: An American Dream, Howard made his acting debut in 1992.