The reputed name in the American professional basketball player list is Zaire Wade plays for the Salt Lake City Stars in the NBA G League. He has the basketball passion running in his veins. Do you know which family he belongs to? He is the son of the former and first child of the renowned basketball player Dwayne Wade. The 20-year-old boy received several offers from numerous colleges but enrolled in the Brewster Academy. He is 1.9 m tall.
|Full Name||Zaire Blessing Dwyane Wade|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 2002|
|Place of Birth||Chicago, Illinois|
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
Zaire Wade Height and Age
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
Family, Wife and Relationship
|Siblings||Zion WadeXavier Wade|
Also Read:- Esteban Loaiza New Wife, kids, Age, Net Worth, Height
Early Years and Education
- On February 4, 2002, Zaire was born to Dwyane Wade, a former NBA player, and mother, Siohvaughn Funches, in Illinois.
- During high school, he played basketball at Mount Carmel High School in Chicago, Illinois.
- He played on the school’s first-year team and his cousin Dahveon Morris, nicknamed the Caravans. Wade played basketball at American Heritage School in Plantation, Florida, for two years. Afterward, Wade was transferred to Sierra Canyon School, a private K–12 school in Chatsworth, Los Angeles, for his 2019–20 senior year in high school.
- After completing high school, he went to Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire.
- Due to his focus on basketball, Wade was able to avail Brewster’s nationally prominent program to capture more attention from college basketball coaches. Wade even received scholarship offers from DePaul, Nebraska, Rhode Island, and Toledo but opted to turn professional instead.
|High School||Sierra Canyon School (Chatsworth, California) Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, New Hampshire)|
|Basketball School||Mount Carmel High School in Chicago|
Zaire Wade College
- The son of Dwayne Wade, He is completed his schooling at Sierra Canyon School, Chatsworth, Los Angeles. He enrolled in Brewster Academy to use the privilege of the national program related to basketball.
- Zaire rejected all the scholarships, including offers from schools like Toledo, DePaul, Rhode Island, and Nebraska. He decided to follow his passion. Dwayne, in an interview, disclosed that his son was skipping college as he signed the G-League contract.
- He is the eldest son of former National Basketball Association (NBA) players Dwyane Wade and Siohvaughn Funches.
- His parents got separated in 2010. After his parents’ divorce, Wade’s custody went to his dad.
- His father then married actress Gabrielle Union in 2014. He has a younger sister, Zaya Wade.
- Talking about his father, who has been a fantastic basketball player in the past, Wade said,” He keeps it setting different goals for me to try to reach as far as being successful. I keep telling my dad, Slow down, man, I’m trying to catch up with you, and you’re making it hard for me!”
Read also : Jayden Siwa – Wiki, Family Life of JoJo Siwa’s Brother
Professional Career and rankings
- Wade was the 10th pick in the 2021 NBA G League draft by the Salt Lake City Stars on October 23, 2021.
- Wade is a 3-star prospect, according to 247Sports‘ composite rankings.
- He is a 296th-ranked prospect in the 2021 recruiting class, according to 247Sports.
- On March 12, 2022, he was moved to the team’s Injured – Short Term list.
- Although his game hasn’t given pundits much to talk about, many are still excited to see if the young guard could develop into a player anywhere near as explosive as his dad.
- In 13 games with the Stars, Wade is second to last in points, averaging only 4.6 points per game with 1.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists to go along with it.
Zaire Wade Stats
Zaire Wade G League
- Wade is the youngest among all his teammates and competitors, so when it was announced that the Utah Jazz G-League affiliate team, the Salt Lake City Stars, was signing the son of NBA legend Dwyane Wade, Many felt it waHs an act of nepotism because Dwayne Wade is currently a part-owner of the Jazz.
Social Media Presence
- Zaire Wade has 2.1 Million Instagram followers.
Zaire Wade Net Worth is estimated to be around 2 million USD.
|Net Worth||$2 Million – $3,5 Million|
Also, Read:- Tommy Kono Weightlifting, Records, Family, Death, Facts
Zaire Wade, the son of the popular basketball face Dwyane Wade. He is following the path of his father in the professional front. Since the freeman years, he has been playing basketball on behalf of the school team. After completing the senior year in school, he took admission to the Brewster Academy rejecting scholarship offers from several prestigious colleges.
Zaire Wade- FAQ’s
Is Zaire Wade related to Dwyane Wade?
Zaire Wade is the eldest child of Dwyane Wade, the former member of the National Basketball Team. He was born to Siohvaughn Funches.
Will Zaire Wade make NBA?
Wade isn’t allowed to be a call-up for the Jazz. Instead, he will remain with the G League Salt Lake City Stars and develop his game at the minor-league level in a bid to impress NBA teams by next year’s draft because he’s still eligible for the NBA draft.
Who is the mother of Zaire Wade?
Funches is the mother of Zaire Wade. His parents had taken the decision of divorce shortly after their two children were born. Their divorce was finalized in 2013. Lately, Siohvaughn, the former wife of Dwyane Wade accused her former husband of not allowing her trans-daughter to change her name.
How tall is Zaire Wade now?
Zaire is 1.9 m tall. The 80 kg basketball professional has an attractive physique overall. His distinct physical features are fuller lips, narrow eyes and towering features. He has been playing basketball since his freshman year.
How old is Zaire Wade?
He is twenty years old. He was born on February 4, 2004. He has decided to take up his passion as his career.
Where is Zaire Wade going to college?
Zaire completed his high school years at Sierra Canyon School, Chatsworth, Los Angeles. It is a private K-1 school. As he was keen to play basketball, later, he was enrolled in Brewster Academy. The main focus is to avail the nationally prominent program here.
What is Zaire Wade’s net worth?
The net worth of Zaire Wade is believed to be between $ 1- $ 5 million. As for his earnings, we can consider his family members. The reason is he does not have any prominent source of primary earnings.
What team does Zaire Wade play for?
He started his career in his freshman days. On October 23, 2021, he was finally selected in the 10th pick as a member of the NBA G League. This whole league was a draft of the Salt Lake City Stars. However, in March of the following year, he was considered one of the injured members of the team as he tore one of the ligaments in his right ankle.
Who are Zaire Wade’s parents?
The rising basketball player was born to Siohvaughn Funches and Dwyane Wade, a former player of the National Basketball Association. His parents were separated in 2010. In 2014, his father remarried the actress Gabrielle Union
Where does Zaire Wade play basketball?
During his freshman years, Zaire played on the basketball team of Mount Carmel High School, Chicago. After that, as a senior, he first used to play for the American Plantation School. In 2021, he was selected as a player in the NBA G League draft by the Salt Lake City Stars.